Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, October 11, 2004

A new week begins

Wow, it's Monday again. Time flies.

Yesterday was a good day at church. I still didn't feel too great, but I still could play guitar for Sunday school. My friend, Josh, came; Josh and I actually went to high school together at my school in Malaysia, and now he's going to another college here in town. Small world, huh? And Jacob came (the super-polite guy from my computer class), so that was cool. The sermon was good--it's theme was "worry about nothing, pray about everything." *sigh* I might get there someday. (I think I'll worry about it in the mean time until I do...just kidding! It was a joke, get it? K, anyways...)

After church, Josh, Christina, Kirstin, Nick, Amber (another girl from our church), and I went to eat at a Chinese food restaurant. Normally I don't like eating American Chinese food, but this ended up being ok. It was amusing though; in the midst of all the Asian food at the buffet, there were tater tots and fried okra. Only in Texas...

We dropped Josh off at his dorm, and then Kirstin went to take a shower. Nick took me to the store nearby so I could buy some contact solution and a couple of other things. Shopping with Nick is an experience! That boy cracks me up. He's a neat guy...he and Kirstin are an adorable couple! I got back to my room about 2:30, after Kirstin came down from her shower--she and Nick were going to do homework--and I was going to go work on a Speech outline. Totally didn't happen. I got back to my room and was so tired, so I decided to take a 1/2 hour nap. But when I woke up, I felt worse than I had when I went to sleep, so I went back to sleep. Thus, I got very little homework done.

Around 5:30, Christina and Kirstin came down. Christina had written a sort of poem, and I really liked it and asked if I could put it to music on my guitar. Well, she let me, and then yesterday she wanted me to sing it for her parents. So they called me on my dorm phone, we put it on speaker, and I had to sing and play it for them (and I had to sing it TWICE, once for each parent). I didn't really mind, but it made me nervous just singing into a speaker phone! Ah, well, anything for Christina. :-)

So then we went to eat our lovely free dinner at FBC. It was almost all girls there, about 6 of us, and then Jacob came a little later to eat. So yeah...once we were getting ready to leave, Jacob had been asking what I had planned for the rest of the evening, and I said I was going to do some studying. And then he asked what time I normally stayed up till, so I told him. (If most of you are a little sharper than I am, you'll see what's coming, although I was oblivious. Kirstin told me later that she totally knew what he was doing) Well, apparently this all led up to his next question: "Would you want to go get a drink later or something, like at Java City?" I was ok with that, and he's a nice guy, so I agreed. He got my number and said he'd call me later, so that I could have time to get some work done. As I left with Kirstin, she was absolutely dying. She was saying, "Oh, you just totally got asked out!" Like I said, she saw it coming, so when he asked me, she said she had to step around the corner to keep from laughing.

Back at the dorm, Kirstin and I ended up talking for a while about some stuff, so I got into my room about 8:00. I couldn't decide what to write my speech on, and I was getting frustrated; and I was tired and didn't feel good. My friend that I've known since I was 9, TL, called, and we taked some. Then I ended up chatting with my Mom online about a situation I've been dealing with...and I ended up absolutely sobbing. So I was a complete mess and decided maybe I wouldn't go out with Jacob after all that night. But then he called (this was around 10:00, I have to add), and I think he could tell I was kinda upset about something, but he was really nice and talked about it a little with me. When I said I hadn't gotten much of my speech done, he suggested that I bring my outline and some of my research so that we could work on it. So I agreed; I figured it would help to get out. We ended up going to Taco Bell, and we ended up staying there till about midnight. We talked for a good while about stuff, and then he helped me with my speech some (which I decided to do about TCKs). So I did get in pretty late, but I felt a lot better afterwards. Jacob's a nice guy and fun to be with. One down side: I'm pretty sure he smokes. So that's not so great; but he's nice overall. And I guess that's the first date I've been on this year.

And--of course, I saw it coming--I woke up with a sore throat this morning. I knew with the way I was getting run down, and how late I got to sleep last night, that I'd probably end up a little sick today. Ah, well. I just had PE, and I have choir and computer class later. Then I'll have a few hours to finish my speech outline for class tonight at 6:00. And yes...that's everything for now!

...I trust in the Lord. I am overcome with joy because of Your unfailing love, for You have seen my troubles, and You care about the anguish of my soul...For the word of the Lord holds true, and everything He does is worthy of our trust...In Him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in His holy name. Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in You alone.
--Psalm 31:6b-7; 33:4, 21-22.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home