Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Babysitting!

I tell you, I am falling in love with these two adorable kids, Graham and Bethany, ages 6 and 3 respectively. I think I mentioned before how I would go babysit for my computer teacher; well, he and his wife have asked me if I would like a weekly babysitting job, every Wednesday from 3:00-5:30. Hmm...let me think about it...YES!! Of course, being a college student, the extra money is nice; but the kids are just plain cute, too, so how could I turn it down? So today I started the weekly babysitting part. These kids are so much fun (as you can tell from the pictures I am posting up above)! Today we "made" chickens. That is, they have two, fuzzy, toy chicks, and Graham wanted to make a
"Momma Chicken." So Bethany wants to make them out of paper, so I draw some chickens (well, they passed for chickens in the eyes of a 6 and 3 year old) and we cute them out to put in the basket with the baby chicks. Most of the afternoon revolves around playing with the chickens...it was cute! I had fun, and it's a nice break in my afternoon. I took some pictures (obviously) to put on here so people can see the kiddos I'll be hanging out with each week.

As an aside, I did my computer presentation today on depression. I ran over time. *sigh* I had cut my PowerPoint presentation from 17 to 7 slides so that I could be within the 4-6 minute marker. And each time I practiced, I was around 5 or 5 1/2 minutes. But when I got up there today, I felt like I went way too fast, so I tried to add on a little at the end. Apparently I didn't need to. But maybe I did well enough on the rest of the presentation that I'll only get marked off for being long-winded--we shall see.

K, I'm off to do homework. *sigh again* I'm so glad tomorrow's Thursday...cuz then it's Friday after that! And it's only 2 1/2 weeks till Fall Break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home