Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Woo-hoo for weekends!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love weekends? They do tend to go by rather fast, but they're just such a nice break in the scheme of things.

As I mentioned, most of my best girl friends are gone this weekend...but never fear, Christina's here! Dun-dun-da-dum! She and I had a wonderful time together last night. She worked until 5:00 yesterday afternoon, so I spent some time in my room, took a nap, and studied a little for a speech test on Monday. Then we got to go eat at Chicken Express--yay! Have I mentioned lately how much I love their sweet tea? Anywho, we ate and talked there for a good while...we talked about a lot of different things, come to think of it, from boys to politics. It was interesting.

Yes, so then we headed back to the dorm, and she and I hung out in my room. Ok, now both of us had fully intended to be in bed by 11:00 or 11:30. I would just like to state that the road to staying up LATE is paved with good intentions. Granted, we were only up until 1:00, which is much better than it could have been. But anyways, we started off talking about prayer, and we were looking up all these Bible verses on it. Then that led to a bunch of other discussions about stuff in the Bible, like missions, and hell, God's wrath, God's love...a bunch of stuff. We had fun debating about whether or not we would know people in heaven. Then--and I really don't remember how this started--we started reading through my old journals. Well, not really reading through, but we started skimming through my last two journals, looking for the places I mentioned Christina. It was really interesting looking back at everything that had happened since April 2003 (which was when those journals began). And it's interesting to see what I was thinking then about different things, and how it's different from the way I see them now; or seeing how friendships and relationships developed and grew. So yes, we did that and talked until about 1:00 (and I honestly didn't realize it had gotten that late). So finally we got to bed...

...and then I woke up this morning at 11:15. Have I mentioned lately how much I love sleeping in? It's such a cozy feeling. Christina and I just got back from eating brunch in the Cafe. (Like, the entire guy's soccer team was in there...and it made me realize how much I miss soccer! Go figure. Anywho.) So now we're going to do homework, and later on I think we're meeting up with Cole to go to IHOP. Have I mentioned lately how much I love IHOP? Seriously, it's like one of my favorite restaurants ever. I don't know why...but it just is. I have a lot of nice memories of IHOPs. So that will be fun. And then I need to get some songs together for tomorrow at church at some point. And I really AM intending to go to bed early tonight! (We shall see...)

Anyways, I hope that each of you has a wonderful weekend as well. May the Lord bless and guide you in every area of your life, and may he teach you, as he's teaching me, to trust that he's working out his very best for each of us. Much love to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home