Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Be Still

Phew! This weekend went by so fast. I was so excited because last week had gone by so fast, and then it was the weekend again. I guess I forgot that weekends can go by fast, too, leaving you wondering where it went. It was a good weekend, but it was a little draining in some areas. I probably should've tried to catch up on more sleep this weekend than I did. Sunday, I really felt the lack of rest. I woke up with sniffles and just felt so tired and out of it. And the day was packed. I got to Sunday school all ready to play my guitar for worship, and the laptop I usually use to project the words to the songs wasn't there. So yes...slight freak-out moment. (I know, petty of me, wasn't it?) But we improvised and wrote a couple of the songs up on the whiteboard, which took a little longer, but it worked. After church, Christina and I got to eat lunch with my English teacher and her husband. They invited us over to their house (and it was beautiful!!) for a great meal, and we visited some with them. Then I tried frantically to get some laundry done that afternoon, between 2:00 and 5:00, since at 5:00 Christina and I had to go say goodbye to a dear lady at our church who's leaving tomorrow for New Zealand. Then we had to scurry over to Pizza Hut for my friend Rachel's birthday celebration...I was so tired. There had been a couple of events that weekend that had emotionally drained me as well. Anyways, I did get to talk with my mom that evening till almost midnight, and I talked through some of those things. It was good to talk with her. After that, I got to chat with Lance briefly online, which was nice...we haven't talked as much lately, so it was good to catch up. For all of you who know him and/or have prayed for him, he's doing really well. The kidney is working, and he's adjusting nicely, although he has to do a lot of labs and take a lot of meds and see the doctor once a week. Please pray for him, as he spends most of his time at home alone, and that can be rough on him.

So yeah...it was good to chat with him. Today, tho, I slept in through my PE class. I woke up a few minutes after it had started, so I jumped out of bed to change and run over there...but yeah, I stood up, and about fell over. I haven't been feeling well this weekend...so I just decided to go back to sleep. The rest of the day went well, and I felt a little better. I got a good bit of homework done, too, this afternoon; I ate supper with my two best friends; and my speech class got out 45 minutes early this evening! So woo-hoo for that. Then Kirstin and Christina came to talk for a while; now I'm chatting with Lance again and getting ready for bed.

So often we don't understand what God's doing, or where he might be taking us, or even what he'd have us to do. But in some ways that's a blessing. It may not feel like it, but I can just picture the Lord working out these amazing things over us, even when we can't see them. Oh it's hard to trust...but I think that's the beauty of it...coming out on the other side and seeing how he's made pain into so much joy. He delights in the unexpected, I believe. Oh how I pray to be able to trust him and delight in what he holds for me here and now, even when I can't understand! I pray the same for each of you. Oh Lord, teach me to be still, not to fear...just to be still...and to trust you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home