Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Friends and Texas Fairs, Crafts and Friday Prayers

Phew! What a weekend! It's been good, tho busy. I put some pictures up below this post. One picture is of the fair I went to last Friday, and a second one is of what we did this Friday. Several of us all went to Michael's Craft Store and bought these little wooden frames for a $1 per frame. Then we bought a few paint colors and some glue and little "jewels." And then we went back to my room and all made our own frames! It was so much fun. We spent several hours just sitting and painting and talking--I loved it! And the total cost per person for an evening for fun and creativity? $3.80. Way cheaper than, say, a movie, and way more fun. So we were very proud of ourselves--and the frames turned out well, too!

That Friday, before we went out to eat and then to Michael's, we had our second prayer time together. Once again, it was a really neat time. I'm so thankful for girls who will come together and pray for me, and let me pray for them. It's a really good time to share what's on our hearts and to seek encouragment and accountability. We've all expressed desires to be better about our personal relationship/time with God each day, so that's something we've begun to hold each other accountable in. It's just such a neat group of girls.

Yesterday I got a paper written and then Kirstin, Christina, and I went to Family Christian bookstores to pre-order some CDs (I pre-ordered Stephen Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith's new CDs--it's so much cheaper to pre-order!). Then we went to Wal-Mart, got Kirstin's car inspected and her photos developed (which I should mention: all the pictures I posted below are from her role), and we got some shopping done. Back at the dorm, Christina went to study, but Kirstin and I watched a movie together. I had a hard time going to sleep, and since I woke up early this morning to get music ready for Sunday school, I've been pretty tired. For lunch, Kirstin, Christina, and I were taken out by an old family friend of mine (and at 92, she is old!) to the country club here. She was so kind to do that. It really made our days, since the country club is NICE. Christina especially had never been to anything that fancy, so she enjoyed it. Then I came back and basically slept for a couple of hours. Now I'm about to go back to church (they give out free meals for university students), and I may try to get some studying done for a test this Tuesday. Anyways, I hope all of you have had great weekends! May the Lord bless you richly this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home