Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Faith

This has got to be one of the most profound quotes I've ever read! I loved it so much, and it is so true. And it's by one of my favorite writers! I just had never read it before. I found the quote in Lee Strobel's book The Case for Faith (which is, by the way, an excellent book). It comes from Strobel's eighth chapter entitled "Objection #8: I still have doubts, so I can't be a Christian." I'll let the quote speak for itself, but read it carefully:

Those who believe they believe in God but without passion in the heart, without anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God, and not in God himself.
--Madeleine L'Engle

1 Comments:

  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Chris Winn said…

    This is so true. Many people I know would freak out over it, but it is certainly true.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home