Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Forgiveness, Life in General, and Worship

Well, I've learned a lot about friendships and forgiveness today. I've learned that you can't take back words you've said. (I know that's rather a "duh" statment, but there are times it's realer than others) Even if your words were without malicious intent, they can still hurt someone...so be careful! Check to see if your words will build up another person; if they don't, leave them unsaid, even if you think they're just harmless. (Obviously, this might not apply to criticism that needs to be said for the other's good...but even this falls into the category of building them up.)There are too many things in this world that tear us down. Why should we contribute to those things in our brothers and sisters lives? We should be the ones who go against what the world tells us, so that we can encourage and build each other up. My public apology to Christina for saying thoughtless words the other night; and thanks to her for forgiving me! (At least, I'm pretty sure that's what the sweet tea from Chicken Express meant...just kidding, we did talk about it earlier, too)

I've just finished my first major homework assignment that I've had since school started (meaning my first assignment I had to spend more than 30 minutes on). I had to do some research for a paper in my computer class. Since it could be on any topic we want, I'm writing about depression. No matter how familiar you are with a topic, there are new things you learn and/or are reminded of each time you look at it again. I'm grateful to the God of Hope who has so faithfully seen me through my darkest days. And I'm thankful that he continues to sustain me now.

Dinner was fun tonight; I sat with three of my best girl friends and two guys who are also good friends. There was a LOT of laughter and talking--it felt good. I'm so grateful for the people God has blessed me through, every day.

Here's a quote I wrote in my journal:
"Worship is a continuous outpouring of all that I am, all that I do, and all that I can ever become."
--Harold Best
Unceasing Worship


Dr. George Mason, pastor of Wilshire Baptist church, writes about this quote in an article:
"Worship is not a half-hearted effort from faint-of-heart semi-believers. It asks for all we are, all we have, and all we can ever offer of ourselves."


How I pray that my life would be an outpouring of worship--not a half-hearted effort, but a task that I attend to whole-heartedly every moment of my life. May all of you have a beautiful week, one filled with God's love and one that leads you into a new understanding of what it means to live a life of worship. God's richest blessings to each of you!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Wow ... awesome post Kate. Thanks for that insight. I need to be reminded every day ... I have lot's of those "duh" days.
    I've shared some similar stuff on my blog.
    God bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you.
    Steve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home