Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Drivers licenses and kidney transplants

I'm sorry to have taken so long to post another notice; the last week has been hectic! And most of it has had to do with the two topics listed above.

Driving: Wednesday I had a two hour lesson with a Sears driving instructor; it went well, and he said I was ready to go for my driving test. I took it on Friday and finally got my license, and today my mom and I took a defensive driving course at Sears. It was informative, so that's good, and the 10% cut on insurance helps, too. Plus, there was a 24-year-old guy who sat next to me and hit on me the whole time; not only that, he gave me a piece of paper with his number on it as he left. It was almost amusing. So now I am a fully licensed driver! Woo-hoo!

Kidney transplants: on Tuesday, I went to visit Lance and spend the day with him. Towards the evening, how I was going to get home got messed up, but it turned out ok, because we ended up going to the hospital for Lance to get his blood tested. The hospital had called and said there was a kidney available, and that it would either go to Lance or the man above him on the list, depending on the match or any complications that might pop up. My mom let me stay the evening in Ft. Worth so I could be there to hear what happened; I stayed with Lance until 2 AM when they called, and it turned out the kidney would go to the other man on the list. Lance was ok with that, and so we finally all got to sleep. I had to get up next morning early to catch the DART train home, but it was worth it to be with Lance as he waited to hear if he would be getting a transplant.

The second part of the "kidney saga" just occurred a few minutes ago; Lance called and said there's another possibility of a kidney transplant. They have a kidney, and it will go to him or one of three people on the list above him. The other three have less of a chance of being a match for the kidney, so it looks like Lance might have the best chance of them all. He won't know till early tomorrow morning, so if you read this before Sunday morning, please be praying for him! I hope I will get to see him before the transplant, but I don't know. I will update when we hear more news.

That's about all I have at the moment; I will come back to give updates as I get them about Lance, and I'll write more about my upcoming plans for next week soon. Love to you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home