Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Trains and Circuses

Yesterday we figured out how to use the DART train system. It's not entirely user-friendly right off, but you get the hang out it after a while. Yesterday my mom and I took a DART train up to where I met Lance (my boyfriend) near Ft. Worth so he and I could spend the day together. It was a really great day, and of course it was great to be with him. We went bowling, ate lunch with his dad, and saw a movie before having dinner at his house. Then he brought me home. I won't get to see him for a week and a half or so (I'll explain why in a minute), so it was good to have that day together.

Today we also used the DART system to go see Barnum and Bailey's Circus. I slept really late, getting a full 13 hours (!), so about the time I got up, it was almost time to go. I went with my mom, my Uncle Stan, and my cousins Jeff, Noel, Kaleb, and Seth. At first, being a sophisticated 19-year-old, I wasn't entirely enthusiastic about the circus; but seriously, it ended up being a lot of fun. They did some pretty cool stunts! So there was a lot to enjoy.

My mom and I are going to Georgia to see family this week, Monday-Sunday, thus the reason I'll be gone all next week. It will be nice to see family there, although I'm not as enthusiastic about getting on another airplane. So I'll be gone for a week, during which time I'll probably not have Internet access, so it might be that long until I can post again. (I'm pretty sure none of you will wait with too baited a breath, so my conscience can rest easy) Unless I post again tomorrow, you can expect to hear from me in a week or more.

I really am thankful to God for all the developments and blessings he's put in our lives. I don't understand them all, but I think that trying to analyze the good things that come our way take some of the enjoyment out of them. And feeling like something is too good to be true, or being afraid that the good will be taken away, is almost like saying to God, "I don't trust you enough to think you'd be this kind and loving to me." I pray he would forgive me for those times of doubt or fear, help me to live the fullest during good times, and to live fuller still during the bad times, knowing that at all times, our God is a faithful, good God. May God bless you with goodness and peace this week; all my love to each of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home