Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Friday, July 23, 2004

The Day After the Day After Tomorrow

Yes, I am leaving the day after the day after tomorrow--also known as Monday, the 26th of July.  It's incredible.  Even so, everything the last few days before a trip usually involves stress.  There are people to see, people to say goodbye to, things to do, things to buy, food to eat (especially true in Malaysia where the food ROCKS), and all the last memories one wants to make.  So, to be frank, I have gotten caught up a couple of times in the "stress mode" of leaving.  But I have begun to feel better about it.  I actually had rather long, good cry today, and I think that was a really good outlet for a lot of emotions I may not even realize I have.  You see, there are these two parts of me: one part is thrilled because I will be in Texas again, I will get to see my boyfriend after four months, I will see my friends from college, I will see my grandparents and aunt and uncle, and I will soon get back into school at a university I love in a life I love; and then the second part does not want to leave my family, does not want to leave my church here, does not want to leave Asia, and does not want to leave period.  So that's a lot of emotion to handle, especially when the two are conflicting.  I'm sure I will have to deal with both the next few days, but for the most part I am going to try to enjoy every minute and capture every good memory I can.  I have one more friend to see, a couple of more places to shop, a roll of film to finish and develop, some packing to do, and a couple of last things to do with my family.    Then on Sunday night, I'll begin to frantically finish last-minute packing and look forward to beginning a journey.  I am in the hands of a beautiful, faithful, and more-than-trustworthy God--he will carry me each day in his arms.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home