Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Sucessful (tho short!) vacation

Hey! I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm back from Thailand. My family and I had a fantastic time there! We stayed with a family who are dear friends of ours for one night and then got to spend two nights in a hotel we used to have organization meetings at--brought back neat memories! Plus, it has an amazing pool.

For July 4th, we had our own worship service with our friends; I led a few worship songs on my guitar, and we had a Bible story. To celebrate, we had hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch, and then wonderful homemade ice-cream!! Probably the most delicious July 4th I've had in a while. That evening we went to the hotel and all swam around for a while, as well as playing "Monkey in the Middle" with a big, yellow, smiley-face beach ball. The two kids in the family were adorable! Absolute sweethearts. The next day my family and I had most of the day to ourselves. I literally spent all day at the pool! I managed not to burn, but I don't have much of a tan either...oh well. Around 3, our friends came again, and we spent the rest of the day playing Skip-Bo and swimming. That evening we ate in the hotel restaurant--the milkshakes are to die for! We had to say goodbye that evening, which was sad, but I was so tired that I barely realized what was going on. (Swimming all day really takes it out of you!) Our drive home today was good--lots of great family time to talk and laugh (which we especially did when Lindsay and I decided to quote from memory the entire script of The Princess Bride! It was entertaining, and we didn't do half bad).

All in all, the trip was a lot of fun and a good time to relax. I'm thankful for that, and for safety as we traveled. So that's my update for now! Thanks to everyone who have left comments...I appreciate you checking out my blog! Much love to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home