Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, August 23, 2004

The Other Side of Something

Well, today was my first day back in school! Actually, I really
enjoyed it. I had four classes today: a PE class that I only had to stay
ten minutes for, a choir class from 12-12:50, a computer class from 1-2:15, and a communications class from 6-8:45 (altho we got let out fifteen minutes early for this one!). So far my professors all seem great; my computer teacher is actually an MK who grew up in Asia, too! So that was neat to discover. I especially loved being back in my choir class; my director is great!

My room is also finally getting organized, and I'm having a blast
with my friends. But there are also a couple of things that are hard
to deal with right now, specifically a pretty drastic change in a relationship that was very special to me. I titled this "The Other Side of Something," after another the title of Sara Grove's newest album, and because it seemed very appropriate. There are a lot of new beginnings I will be making, some
good, some bad, some I don't understand yet. So, in a way, I'm on the
other side of "something." I'm not sure what, and I'm not sure exactly what this "other side" is yet. But as Sara Grove writes in her song "The
One Thing I Know:"

This is the one thing I know
You said You won't let me go; You said You
won't let me go
You've done a good work in me
And You won't quit till I'm free

...I can finally understand the way you work in me
But even if I didn't
You are still a Sovereign God
Who has a plan for me

It's good to know you'll work with hurt and broken souls...

Another beautiful song by Rachel Lampa called "The Art" says:

I may never know why I should just let go
But do I really want a God I can understand?
Still I close my eyes and try to reason why
But since when does my desire dominate the plan?

...I know there's an art to starting over again
And I know that God will never waste the pain
You can only try so hard to right a wrong...

And when the silence is deafening
Hold on tight, you're gonna cry
But there's always a reason why
It comes down to the art of living on.


And, of course, the best place to go for comfort or wisdom at the beginning of new things:

"I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope...If you look for me in earnest, you will find me..."
--Isaiah 29: 10a-11, 13


So as a new year begins, and I'm on the other side of "something," I'm going to hold on tight...for I know, I just know somehow, God has a beautiful plan on this other side.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home