Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, August 30, 2004

As life rolls by

Well, another Monday has started another week. My weekend was a good experience, I think; I went to visit Lance, and he is doing well. Obviously, he is still healing and has a way to go, but he looked good, he was awake and coherent (mostly), and he even got up to walk around a couple of times. I saw him briefly Friday night and spent part of Saturday with him. Kirstin was kind enough to drive me to Ft. Worth and provide all my transportation to and from the hospital. (She got to see her boyfriend, so I think she didn't mind too much!) She and Nick (above-mentioned boyfriend) came with me Saturday to visit Lance and stayed for about an hour; Lance's mom went home for a while to shower and practice the organ for church, and Kirstin and Nick went to have lunch. I stayed with Lance till about 6 that evening. He slept most of the afternoon, which I'm sure was good for him, and I got to take a nap myself. My mom came by the hospital to see Lance and to say goodbye to me, since she's leaving for Malaysia tonight. (Tear...) Kirstin came to get me around 6:00, and we headed home. I probably won't see Lance for a while, so it was good to have that time with him as a friend. Please continue to pray for God's will in both of our lives...things are up in the air at the moment. But I know the Lord has good plans and is working out amazing things, if we could only see them. I am determined to trust, even when I can't understand.

Sunday was a great day; I got to lead worship for our Sunday school class on my guitar, which I love doing. I ate lunch with Christina and Cole, and we talked some afterwards. (Christina went on a very interesting date later that day; if you know her, you'll have to ask about it!) Several of us also went out to eat at (my favorite) Chicken Express, and that was a fun time. A friend of mine from Malaysia is actually going to a college here in town, and he came to eat with us; that was great, since I hadn't seen him in a couple of months.

And of course, today, Monday, was a good day, despite Mondays' reputations. I think the Lord's teaching me a lot about trust and about looking to the future with hope and excitment about his plans for me. He is definitely a faithful God; I would be so lost without him!! He is too good for words in all he's given me...and even in the things I don't understand yet, I know he is being good! So I eagerly and expectantly wait to see his good and hope-filled future for me...as life rolls by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home