Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

There Are Days

There are days of darkness
When I no longer understand
There are days of pain
When I cannot understand
There are days of weeping
When I don’t see your hand
But there is never a day
That you are not working your plan

I have seen your glory
As you’ve worked in me
I’ve seen you turn pain to joy
And you’ve done it in me
But once again I stumble
And once again I am weak
I do not doubt your heart
But I cannot feel its beat

So Lord, when I can’t turn to you
Won’t you draw me close
When I can’t take your hand
May your power still boast
In my weakness
For otherwise it will defeat me
Oh such sweet relief!
I don’t have to win the victory

Please, sweet Father,
In my grief, grant grace.
Please, sweet Father,
As I weep, lean close your face.
And if I look,
I will see tears in your own eyes
And if I wait,
You will give truth for lies

For though my heart whispers
That you are far away,
I know that you are closer now
Than you were yesterday
And though I despair of understanding
You promise your plan prevails
If I can cling to anything at all,
It is to the Love that never fails


Oh in the days of darkness
I may not understand
And in the days of pain
I might never understand
Though my heart and eyes weep,
Through tears, I feel your hand
And there is never a day
I do not have the promise of your plan

And it is good.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Kate,

    This poem is awesome - did you write it? If you did, then the Holy Spirit has really placed an annointing on your life to write from the depths of your heart. Keep flowing in that annointing, and God will mightily use you to speak words of truth and life.

    You are an exhorter and an encourager. Keep it up - the world needs more people like you!

    "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty,
    He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy.
    We will rest in His love,
    He will joy over thee with singing.
    The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty"
    (from Scripture in Song)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home