Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Family Weekend

Yay for family! And while I'm at it, yay for tennis! (I'll explain about the tennis momentarily)

Yesterday, my aunt, uncle, and cousins came to visit me here at college. How exciting! My uncle actually went to college here "in his day." They got here around 6:30; I had just gotten back from being out with Cole and Christina. We went to Family Christian Bookstore to pick up a CD I'd pre-ordered, and Christina had wanted to get another CD, too. Cole ended up buying one, and yes, I have to admit, I ended up getting two other CDs besides the one I'd already pre-ordered. (But I did have a 50% off coupon, so I decided to go for it! I admit it, I'm addicted to music, especially worship music)

Anyways, so my family got here and we ate at the free cookout (yay for free food!), and then we went to play tennis (yes, I told you the tennis part would be coming in soon!). See, the other night, Cole and Christina had taken me to play tennis. Cole's pretty good at it, and Christina's taken a tennis class this year; she's getting good, too! So I had never really played much (at ALL), but I thought I'd give it a shot. So we played Thursday night, and then last night, Melissa wanted to play, so Cole, Christina, and I met her at the tennis courts. My cousin Noel (age 11) came with us--and wow, she's quite good! So we played, and then the rest of my family (who had been watching a movie on the lawn) came, and we all traded off playing. My aunt, uncle, and the boys went to stay with a friend of ours at 10:00, but the rest of us stayed until 11:15 playing tennis. Then I got Noel back to my room, we got showers, and she spent the night with me. (Have I mentioned how much I adore my cousins?!)

This morning, Noel and I met her parents and brothers at our friend's house, "Aunt" Virginia to us. We had a wonderful breakfast and had time to stay and talk until 10:30 or so. On the way home, we stopped off at the house that my great-grandparents lived in and that my grandmother grew up in; we took pictures in front of it. Then my uncle and aunt ran me back by my school, and the kids looked around in our school bookstore for something to buy...but alas, my school's merchandise is a little too expensive for the $15 each kid had to spend! So they left around without buying anything around 11:00. A short visit, so I almost hated that they had to drive all this way for just a quick time together--but I was very glad they did! They may come back sometime soon, perhaps for Homecoming.

I adore my aunt and uncle, and my lil' cousins. (Although, they really aren't so little anymore!! I can hardly believe it. I was there when the last two were born, and I remember when Noel was a baby...and now she's 11, Kaleb's 9, and Seth is 8. Kaleb's the age I was when Seth was born. What is this?!) And I adore my friends! I've had so much fun being with them, and it's been fun playing tennis together these last two nights. These friends have been my "family" for me. So I guess, in that respect, the Lord gives me family weekends all the time...for I'm surrounded by brothers and sisters in the Lord. Much love and thanks to each of my friends who have been family to me! And thanks to the Lord, who supplies every need I may ever have. Though my immediate family is in another hemisphere, God has been faithful to supply "family" here, too. I'm so thankful for all of my family (by blood or by love--or both!) here on earth; and I'm so thankful for my Father in heaven, who will never leave me, nor forsake me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home