Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Life and its amusements

What? Is tomorrow already going to be Friday again? I'm serious, I have no idea where my weeks go! Granted, this week seemed long while I was in it, but I look back and have no idea what happened to all of my weekdays!! It's so crazy! This weekend, however, almost all of my friends are going "home" (although Christina's 75% sure she's staying here--woo-hoo!). Kirstin's going home, and Rachel, Melissa, and Ashley are all going to stay with Melissa near the Ft. Worth area, too. When I found out Christina was thinking about going home, too, near the Dallas area, I just said, "Whoa, if everyone's leaving, I'm going, too!" But I think I shall stay, especially since Christina's most likely staying with me. (Oh, what fun I'm sure we'll have!) And I hate having to miss playing my guitar for Sunday school on Sunday mornings anyways. Ah, well, I'm sure this can be a very exciting weekend, even with most of my friends gone; after all, Christina's enough entertainment for anyone! (*wink* Love ya, Cinnamon!)

I had a lovely gift from God as I walked back to my dorm from class today. It was actually RAINING! Yes, in this city, of all places, it was raining! Ok, granted, it was nothing like Asia's rain, but for this city it was pretty good--I'd even say it was a step above sprinkling, and it even lasted for a couple of minutes! And it felt like God gave me a piece of "home," 'cause I don't know how many times I've walked around my old school campus in the rain. It just was a nice, familiar feeling, you know?

I'd like to share an amusing story. Or at least it amused me. There's this guy (who shall remain nameless) who, at the beginning of school, was...well, the word "stalking" might be a bit strong, so let's just say he was "persistent." He called me a lot, somehow found out my e-mail address and would e-mail me several times a day, and he was always asking if I wanted to go shopping with him (which I could never figure out, because most guys I know don't ask girls to go shopping with them). But anyways, I tried to discourage him, in as nice a way as possible, since I definitely wasn't interested in THAT way. Well, I think he got the hint, 'cause he slacked off. But on Tuesday after New Testament class, he asked if I would be studying for our quiz on Thursday. I was like, "Yeah. Why?" (Dumb, Katy, dumb!) So he starts talking about how he's failing all our quizzes and he thinks that I seem to know what to study, so..."could we study together?" Ok, I'm not good at being ambushed on these things (I was totally unprepared for this, so yes, I felt ambushed), so I was like, "Um, ok, sure." (Smooth, Katy, smooth!) But, as I thought over it, I decided that I really didn't want to meet with him one-on-one to study for this quiz. And since he had asked me to call him about when I wanted to study (I asked him to call me, but noooo, he wanted me to call him), I called yesterday afternoon, got his voicemail, and just said, "Some things have come up, and I don't think I'll be able to get together with you to study. But if you need help knowing what to study, I'd be happy to take a few minutes over the phone to go over the notes and highlight what I think would be good to focus on." So yes, I thought I had put that in a rather nice way. Now here's the amusing part: does he call back? No! Ah-ha! Once we're no longer meeting to study together, suddenly this quiz isn't important enough to go over BY PHONE. I was so amused by this; I'm really not sure why, but it struck me as tremendously funny.

Yes, so that's my amusing story. Not all guys here are this weird (although I do seem to attract all the odd, stalker types); there was a very nice guy in computer class the other day who offered to let me wear his jacket since I was cold (that room is freezing!). I was like, "Wow, your mom raised you right!" So there are some nice guys here. None that I'm interested in for much more than a friendship...ah, but such is life, and I figure God will work out that area of my life in his timing.

Not much else to say. I started to write out some things related to chapel and other things God's been teaching me, but all my musings became rather long, so I will put them in a seperate post below for those who still want to read my ramblings. And of course I can't leave you without a quote!

A human life is like a single letter of the alphabet. It can be meaningless. Or part of a great meaning.
-Unknown


May the Lord bless your life with meaning this week, and may he bless you with the knowledge of the Great Meaning he wants to bring about through your life. Much love to each of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home