Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Monday, Monday...

I would just like to say that I did NOT get to go to IHOP on Saturday. It was very disappointing. But we did go to Cici's Pizza, so that was ok, because I like Cici's, and it's cheap. So Cole, Christina, and I had time to talk and hang out, which was fun. Back at school, Cole left around 9:00, and Christina and I hung out another hour in our room talking and so forth. She is such a sweetheart, and such a wonderful friend!

Sunday was a good day. The worship service went really well, and then I got to eat lunch with a couple at our church who are former missionaries. They offered to have Indonesian food, so I readily agreed--I just didn't know I'd be cooking it! Now, I've never made an Indonesian dish completely by myself, without a recipe, so this was definitely a new experience. But I did it! I just made a simple chicken, cashew, and vegetables stir-fry dish to accompany our rice, and I even managed to figure out the right amount of seasonings (garlic, ginger, green onions, and pepper). I have to admit, I was extremely proud of myself. The afternoon with them was a lot of fun. We talked for a long time about different things, and it was fun because they told me how they first met and got engaged. She was married two weeks before she turned 18! Granted, he was 8 years older...but I still thought that was pretty cool. We also had another dear lady, Mrs. Knecht, who came to eat with us. She is a very sweet lady at our church who really took me in during my depression last semester, so I was thrilled to get to spend more time with her. They had a prayer time for me before I left, which was a blessing.

Here's the bad part: the lady I ate with gave me a book before I left. Now, that's not bad; in fact, it's wonderful. But the bad part was the fact that it was also a gray, rainy, cozy day. Yes, I know...so, guess what I did back in my dorm room? Yup, I curled up and read for 2 and 1/2 hours! It was wonderful. Fortunately, my homework situation was ok, so I could do that. (Although I will have to study more for that speech test today...) Then I ate supper at church with our university group, and then later that evening, Kirstin, Christina, and I had a prayer time together. It was such a special time! We spent over an hour together sharing our hearts and praying. Those girls are so special; I'm so blessed by their friendship! It's so fun to pray with them: their prayers are so sincere and loving, and at the same time, we all manage to giggle through half of our prayers! It's amusing (but I promise it's not irreverent).

Well, that's it for now. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home