Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Last week of the break

My days of freedom are winding slowly down...but I don't mind too much. These next several days should be a lot of fun. Lance is coming over this afternoon to help me do some shopping, and then we're going back to Ft. Worth this evening to hopefully see some friends of ours. Tomorrow we'll be shopping for ingredients for fajitas, which Lance is cooking for my aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents tomorrow night! Lance is actually a really great cook, so I know it'll be good. Then we'll drive on to the farm of some dear family friends I've known forever...they are an awesome family! We'll look forward to getting to visit with them, and then Friday afternoon we'll come back to Ft. Worth. That evening we'll have supper with an even older family friend who's worked closely with my grandparents for many, many years. She goes to Lance's church, so she's taking us out to eat before we both go back to school on Sunday. Then I'll spend all of Saturday with my family; two of my cousins are coming back from Egypt where they were visiting their parents for Christmas. I'm looking forward to that. I'll get to go with them to church on Sunday, and then we'll head over to Ft. Worth. Lance and I will drive on back to school that afternoon...and voila!

Just wanted to give a brief update on my family: they are doing well and keeping busy. Dad is in Indonesia right now helping to assess the damage and begin some networking to help crisis victims. He said to really pray for the people there--it's obvious that most of them are severely traumatized and will need some counseling as well as disaster-relief supplies. My mom is still in Malaysia, but she's unfortunately sick at the moment. Please pray for healing for her and strength as she continues her work ministering to people there. My sister is doing well and enjoying her school break...she even has her braces off now! I know it's a big monument for her. Thanks to so many of you who have written or called to see how my family was doing. The best thing you can continue to do is pray for them and the people affected by all this devastation.

That's my update for now...I hope all of you have a great week, richly blessed by God's love. To my friends at school...I'll see you guys on Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home