Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Stopping by

Hello friends! I just wanted to drop by and write off a quick post about how things have been going. I guess this is my first post in the year 2005! Pretty incredible, isn't it? I'm going to be writing the wrong year on things for a while.

I hope all of you had a wonderful and blessed New Years. I got to go up to Ft. Worth on Thursday evening with Lance's mom, who happened to be in the area. We had a lovely visit on the way over; Lance's mom is one of the sweetest ladies you'll ever meet. I got to watch Forrest Gump for the first time with Lance and his brother-in-law, Phil, that evening, and then the next day we spent time around the house. One guy I knew from Lance's church, who's good friends with Lance, came over, and it was nice to see him since it had been a while. He brought Elf, which was also a very cute movie. Lance's family was in and out all day, and then that evening everyone converged and visited, ate, played games, ate some more, and had an overall wonderful time. We got to play Scene It and Trivial Pursuit, both of which I enjoyed. When it got to the New Years, everyone gathered together, joined hands, and counted down the last ten seconds to 2005. Then we prayed during the first minute of the New Year, and then it was hugs, kisses, and "Happy New Years!" all around.

I got to bed around 2:00 that night, and I don't think we did too much the next day. Lance met my granddad again half-way between Dallas and Ft. Worth, so I got back over here yesterday evening. Today I went to church and then went with my aunt and uncle to visit some old friends whom I'd known on the mission field. They're some of our oldest and dearest friends; I've known them since I was 10. They were moving to Oklahoma, so we went by to eat, help them pack, and say goodbye. I went out to eat with my aunt, uncle, and cousins tonight, too, so I've spent most of the day with them.

And now, I will be getting to bed shortly! May God bless you richly in this new year and continue to draw you closer to himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home