Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

I'm lovin' this break!

As much as I love school and as much as I love my college, I have to admit that I'm loving our days off. Yay for Christmas break! The worst part probably is that I don't get to see my friends. God has blessed me beyond what I could've asked for in the friends he's given me. I was reminded of that today when I got two cards from friends: one from Melissa, and one from Rachel G. Melissa, you mentioned checking my blog; so I just wanted to say thanks for keeping up with me! And thanks for your wonderful card; it was so sweet and made me miss you! Yes, I got it before I left, and I'm gonna write you back. :-) We really should try to hook up, call Christina, Kirstin, and whoever else is in the area. Yay for awesome friends!

The last several days have been a lot of fun. I went to the missions banquet at Lance's (and my old) church, and that was a really good experience. Having grown up on the missions field, I'm familiar with missions and everything, but God continues to hit me afresh with the importance of being his light in this world. I really was convicted, especially as I've been reading Amy Carmichael's biography, too. So it was a really great experience, and I'm glad I got to go; Lance and I had a really good talk afterwards about missions and so forth.

My time with Lance was great; I'm always so blessed by him. On Thursday, my friend Cassie had planned for us to watch The Return of the King extended DVD version that she'd just gotten, so we got to watch that with her. I was going to go back that evening, but then we weren't going to get to finish the whole movie (all 4 hours of it!), so Cassie suggested that I just stay another night. I decided to, so we watched part of the movie and then Lance and I went to find the Interlaken lights in Arlington (which is an extravagent neighborhood Christmas lights display that Lance has been wanting to take me to). We drove over, found the exit, found a sign that said to go straight ahead for the lights, drove straight ahead...and never found anything. We went back and tried over again, in case we'd missed a sign, but we never found anything. So that was a little disappointing, but it was fine. I ended up feeling really sick--I was having really sharp pain in my stomach--so I might not have enjoyed it much even if we'd found it. Lance took me back to his house and had me lie down for a bit; he also gave me some medicine that should help the pain. I guess it did, cuz I started to feel better. Then we went back over to Cassie's and got to finish the movie. (I just have to say how neat Cassie is--she's so much fun, and so unique. She always makes me laugh!)

I got to sleep late the next day, and then Lance and I just hung out. He and his sister were driving to Arkansas that day, and they were going to meet their mom to trade cars. Well, Lance's mom was working near my grandparents' house that day, so we just ended up meeting at my grandparents so they could drop me off and switch cars at the same time. So I said goodbye to them and won't see Lance for another week and a half to two weeks. But I'm excited about the time I'll get to spend with my family, both here and in Georiga. I called my grandmother in Georiga today to let her know when I was getting in, and it was good to talk with her.

Today's been pretty lazy; I slept late (making up for the previous late night due to movie-marathons at Cassie's) and then just did some random things. I cleaned up my room since my cousin, Jenny, is in town for tonight and will be staying in the same room. I also drove over to the Family Christian bookstore looking for a present for my grandparents in Georgia, but I didn't find it; I may have to order it. Anyways, that was exciting because it's only one of a handful of times I've actually driven somewhere by myself (!!). Kind of sad, since I'm 19, but hey. :-)

By the way, found out something super cool: C.S. Lewis' book The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is going to be made into a movie!! I think the same people who helped out with the Lord of the Rings will be doing this one, too, creating all the creatures and so forth. It's also being filmed in New Zealand, like LOTR, so that's pretty spiffy. I found another blog that has news and updates on the making of the movie, so check it out if you're interested:
Click here for Narnia blog.

Anyways, I'm sitting at home by myself right now, half-watching the movie White Christmas on TV. G'dad and G'mom are off at an international students' Christmas party, my cousin Jenny is out at Wal-Mart, and Cowboy is the only one keeping me company. (Cowboy is Aunt Kay and Uncle Stan's new dog; they're gone for the weekend, so Cowboy's hanging out here.) I'll probably go finish my movie and then head for bed after Jenny gets home.

The Lord is so very good; I'm so thankful for all the blessings he has given me. I was talking with my mom the other night, just looking back at several difficult things that happened towards the beginning of the semester, and now just seeing how God has brought so much good out of all of it. He is so faithful, patient, and loving; would that I could ever pay him back with a devotion that is worthy of him! But thankfully, even though I can't, he always loves me and is always happy to help me grow. May Christ be glorified by each of our lives. God bles you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home