Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Fun Times and Finals Time

Yay! I would just like to say thanks to my wonderful, gorgeous friend Christina for putting such a lovely comment in reply to my post below! Comments like that (and comments in general) make all this blogging so worth it. So yes, if you have time and feel like it, I would encourage you to all emulate Christina's example...cuz it makes my day! (Hint, hint!! *wink*)

Life has been interesting lately...especially one certain Thursday night! Kirstin and Christina (those wonderful girls!) came into my room the other night, originally for some venting time for Kirstin about certain issues. Well...ahem...yes, we ended up taking dozens of crazy pictures with my digital camera, and then making some even crazier videos! It was hilarious; I'm surprised my neighbors weren't complaining about the noise, since we were all laughing so hard! If you're (very) lucky, I might put up some of those (less embarassing) pictures... *grin*

So I got to sleep a lot later that night, and I woke up with a sore throat (drat!). And, of course, of all days, that was the day we were to be singing with choir for a retirement home. I managed, and my throat felt a little better as the day went along. I rode to the retirement center with LaShay, Melissa, and another friend of ours named Kristen; we had fun jamming out and "warming up our vocal chords" to Reliant K's Christmas album (which I discovered was titled "Deck the Halls, Bruise Your Hand"). The mini-concert went well, and all the older people enjoyed it--they were so cute! So many of them came up to hug us and thank us for coming.

So that was exciting. Then I went back to my room and got my books together to go to the library to study. Well...didn't happen. I got there and went to "briefly" visit Christina in the history center...but I didn't end up leaving. We started going through all these old pictures of our school, and lo and behold, we found a picture of my grandparents and my uncle in there! (My uncle was just a little boy at the time) So Christina's boss scanned it and sent it to me, which was exciting. Then I got to watch this video from 1987 of an interview with my grandmother, since she grew up in this town, her father (my great-grandfather) taught here for a long time, and she also attended college here. It was very intersting to see, too. So between that and talking with Christina, very little of my studying was accomplished.

Then we got to go out to eat with Rachel, Melissa, LaShay, Ashley, and Kelsey at our favorite place, Chicken Express! It was so exciting; I hadn't eaten there in a while. We had fun, although my energy level began winding down. Christina and I drove back to the dorms, talked for a while (I love that girl!), and then each went to do our own studying. I studied for an hour or hour-and-a-half, and then I got to talk with Lance for a while. He somehow managed to talk me into sending him a few of the crazy pictures I took with Christina and Kirstin the other night, and he enjoyed those immensely.

So today, I woke up and my throat's still sore; but I think I'll try to go to the store and get some sore-throat-fighting ingredients (i.e. orange juice, soup, maybe even medicine). I don't want to be sick over finals time! Which, by the way, begins day after tomorrow. I'm very excited to get them over with, although I'm starting to get a little nervous about them. But I remind myself, they're just like any other test; I only need to study well for them. So I'll be spending a good part of today doing that.

Well, I guess that's about it for the time being! I hope all of you have wonderful weekend; and even if you aren't studying for finals (and even if you are), I hope you have many fun times coming your way! God bless you richly--and may he teach us all to bless Him richly, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home