Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Been a while (again!)

Hey friends, I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to make another update. These last weeks of the school semester are just flying by! I will try to be better at updating, though. And if you do stop by to read my updates every now and then, let me know in my comments section! I'm always more encouraged to put up posts when I know people are stopping by.

I would like to say that our choir concert on November 5th went really well! It was very exciting. There was this one difficult accapella song that we kept completely going flat on every time in practice (it could sound pretty awful at times), but our choir director didn't want to cut it out. So let's just say we were all rather nervous once the time came in the concert for that song! Our choir director paused for a few seconds before we began, and we could all tell he was lifting up a "devout prayer," as he put it (I was definitely lifting up my own at that moment!). And we nailed it! Or at least did the best we've ever done on it. It came off really well, so that was awesome. Almost all my best friends came to see me: Lance, Christina, Kirstin (and Nick), Rachel, Ashley, and several others (Melissa was in the choir, so of course she was there). That meant a lot to me.

So that weekend was a good one, and then the rest of that week went by pretty quickly. I had a speech test on Monday (which I think went ok), and a paper due that Thursday for English (although then we ended up having more time to edit it, so it's now due today). Lance came (again!) that weekend, although he was just here Thursday night through Saturday morning. But it was enough, because on Friday morning he registered for classes here for next Spring! How awesome is that? I am so excited that he will be here...it will be so weird--and wonderful!--for him to actually be in the same city where I could see him almost every day. It'll be the first time we've lived in the same city together since the first two months we knew each other (March, April 2003). We even get to be in choir together, so I'm looking forward to that. It's definitely an answer to prayer how the Lord has worked everything out for Lance to come here. We'd been praying about it since Lance first started thinking about it, and he'd said, "I know that if I get to come, it'll be God who has to work everything out." And God has! It's such a praise.

So that weekend Lance was here for part of it, and his sister Leslie. I got to spend time with them, and that was a lot of fun. Then I had the rest of the weekend for homework and other things. I went to a play our school did on Saturday night...it was very interesting. Sunday at church went well, and I took a nap, did homework, and then went to church for supper. I got to talk with Lance on the phone that night for a while, and it was a really nice talk.

Yesterday went well; I had a computer test that was probably the lowest grade I'll make on a computer test. I think it'll probably still be a low-A, but oh well. There was just one part that I could not get!! It about drove me crazy...but such is life. Then I got together a rough outline for my final speech in Speech class. I'm doing a persuasive speech on organ donors (mostly influenced by Lance), but last night I found out someone else is doing one on becoming an organ donor, too. So now I'm going to have to change the slant of mine, and I hate doing speeches when someone else is doing the same thing. I know it won't be too bad, and I get to go before him anyway, so it won't look too similar (I hope). But again, such is life.

So things are going well. The Lord's taught me a LOT lately about having a renewed faith and trust in him, about learning to rest in him and live daily in his presence. I feel like I still have such a long way to go...but praise the Lord, he is faithful and patient and oh-so-loving towards me.

Oh! And today I registered for my classes for next semester! Exciting, exciting. I'll be doing 15 hours, so it'll be a decent load. I also got an application today for officially declaring my degree, so that will be exciting. I think my new advisor is an English teacher I had last semester, and I really liked her, so I hope that works out.

By the way, for those of you who know what I'm talking about...today is my 700th day! Just thought I'd share that.

Well, I am going to sign off for now to finish editing that English paper due today. I promise that I'll try to be better at posting updates. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope.
--Ephesians 3:20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home