Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Homecoming

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is homecoming weekend. Which means I get to see my grandparents! I found out they just got in tonight, although I won't see them till tomorrow. And my aunt and two cousins will be in on Saturday...so it should be a full weekend!

This week has gone by so fast; I scarcely remember it. Yesterday was fun. I got to babysit, of course, that afternoon, and I had a fun time with the kids. I had taken pictures of them, so I printed them out, and we made photo frames and cards with their pictures to give to their parents. The parents had asked also if I would help start supper that evening because they were taking some food to another teacher who was sick; so I was cutting up potatoes and boiling different dishes, and I had the door open in the next room so I could keep an eye on the kids outside. So I'm standing there, cooking food and watching the kids play in the backyard...and I felt like such a mom. It was weird. (Don't worry, Dad, I know I'm not allowed to have kids for at least another five or six years.) :-)

Then I did laundry last night and studied for a big New Testament test, which I took today. I think it went ok. I also get to sleep in tomorrow, because my PE class was cancelled, so my first class will be choir practice at noon. Our choir practice is really picking up because of our concert next week. Practice is a challenge vocally and mentally, and I usually leave choir practice exhausted (which I did not know was possible). But it's so much fun, too. I'm really excited about our concert!

Today I got to talk with Lance on the phone, and I chatted briefly with Mom online. She told me that a dear Indonesian lady who used to work for us--she lived with us for about ten years--apparently passed away a few years ago. They had just found out about it. So that was pretty hard to hear; this lady was like family to me. Almost all of my childhood memories involve her. I was a little bit in shock after I found out, and then pretty sad. But like Mom said, she's in Heaven now, and she's happy; I can rejoice in that.

You know, I think about Heaven sometimes. Sometimes I think about it a lot of the time. And I think it will be so wonderful. Having moved around so much all my life, it's difficult for me to say where "home" is; and wherever "home" is at that moment, still most of my family and friends are in different places all around the world. I can't wait for Heaven, a permanent home, where almost all the people I've ever loved will all be in one place. There will be no homesickness, no goodbyes. And just imagine getting to be in the presence of the Father, for eternity...it's incredible and awesome and wonderful, all at once. And you know, when I think of getting to Heaven, I realize that that will truly be the best homecoming of all.

Tuhan memberkatimu--the Lord bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home