Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Homecoming part 2

Well, most of the major homecoming events are about over. Thursday evening, I went to our All-School Sing, where basically different groups put on mini-musicals in a competition. It's a pretty big deal, and usually a big event. This year's was pretty good.

Yesterday, I got to see my grandparents...woo-hoo! It was so good to see them again. They had come for a luncheon, and I saw them after choir practice. We spent most of the afternoon together, and they helped me run errands to get my medicine, new guitar strings, and even a haircut (1 and 1/2 inches off, if you must know). That evening, we got to eat at the country club with our dear friend "Aunt" Virginia. That lady is so amazing, and I love her to death. She has so much life and spunk in her at 92; I hope I can be like that at half her age! So that was a special evening together.

Today there was an alumni luncheon, and my Aunt Kay and the boys, Kaleb and Seth, drove into town for that. Grandmom and Granddad left shortly after that, and I went to the football game with Aunt Kay, the boys, and Christina. While I was there, I got to run into Lance's sister, Leslie, who graduated from here a couple of years ago. It was neat to randomly run into her. We stayed till about half-time, and then we left (we were ahead 24-0, so I think we ended up winning).

I went back to my room for a couple of hours, did laundry, did homework, talked with Lance on the phone, and even chatted with Christina and Rachel, who both called. Around 6 or 6:30, Aunt Kay and the boys came back from where they're staying, and we all went to the most wonderful burger place in town. We stayed there for a good while, and my aunt and I got to talk about a lot of things. She's so great; I love getting to talk with her. It was really nice just to have a heart-to-heart about some things.

So anyways, they just dropped me off back at my room an hour ago. They'll be at church tomorrow, and then I will head back with them to Dallas for my doctor's appointment on Monday. Yay. :-)

May the God of love, comfort, hope, and peace give you an extra portion of each this week. And remember to smile a lot...it's good for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home