Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Gotta love lazy days

Just thought I'd drop by for a brief post. Today's been a wonderful, relaxing, do-nothing day. I woke up at 10:00, stayed in bed till 11:00, then read my Bible and another book in bed until noon, at which time I finally got up to take a shower and have lunch. I did a couple of things for my grandmother, but other than that, I got to sit and watch a couple of hours of TV. I can't remember the last time I sat down by myself to mindlessly watch whatever happened to be on TV that I wanted to see--how delightful! I don't intend to make that a habit, because after a while the mindlessness gets to me. But every now and then it's rather nice.

This evening we went out to eat at Luby's Cafeteria, which was fun. I love getting to sit, eat, visit, and talk with my grandparents. Tomorrow I'll probably try to sort out everything I've packed, and in the afternoon I'm supposed to help my grandmother move some things over to the church for her ESL class party/brunch/something-or-other that she's doing on Wednesday morning. Then tomorrow night I'll probably get to go visit and have supper with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. Wednesday morning, I'll help set up for and attend the afore-mentioned party/brunch/something-or-other, and then I'll probably help clean up after it. I may go to Ft. Worth on Wednesday night for a missions banquet at Lance's (and my old) church. I'll probably spend part of Thursday with Lance since it will be our last time to see each other until after Christmas, when I get back from Georgia (which will be around the 28th).

So those are my upcoming and oh-so-exciting plans for the near future. I may stop by again in a day or so to put up another note, but until then, I pray God's Spirit will invade your hearts and lives, show you anew how much he loves you, and then teach you afresh the role he has for you to play in his kingdom--it's probably bigger and more exciting than you could ever imagine! May he teach us all to learn to love him more and better and to surrender to his work in our lives as he molds us to be all that he made us for. Let us not compromise on even the small things; let us live in Christ with all the purity and faithfulness God calls us to, by his grace. Love, grace, and peace to each of you during this Christmas season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home