Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Just a fun little day

Well, today's been a slow, but fun, day. Crystal and I basically hung around the house this morning, and then at 1:30, my three cousins came over. We took them (Noel, 12, Kaleb, 10, and Seth, 9) to go see a movie called Sky High. It's a Disney movie, and it was actually really cute! I liked it.

We came back to the house, and Noel, Kaleb, and Seth will be hanging around with us this weekend while their parents visit some friends nearby. Crystal got to go out this evening with some students who used to attend her church in Malaysia, and then I took Noel out for a secret run to Sonic for some girl talk. :-) It's been fun!

I started reading in the book of Luke today, and I was reading about Mary's response to Gabriel's announcement that she would bear a child: she said, "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants." I know that can be hard to say in my own life, especially when what God's asking is hard or painful to do/deal with. But are we willing to do it, even when it's hard, simply because we're his servants, and because it's what he wants? Just some thoughts.

Have a blessed day!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HELLO SISTER! HOW ARE YOU? HONESTLY I MISS YOU TERRIBLY! I LOVE YOU AND I'M GLAD YOU'VE BONDED SO WELL WITH CRYSTAL. I'M SURE SHE SHES WHAT AN AMAZING WOMAN YOU ARE. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

    YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST,
    WYNDI

     

Post a Comment

<< Home