Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Workin' all day long

Or at least that's what it feels like I've been doing. Since I missed all of last week in school (due to flu), I'm trying to do all my makeup work this week. So I made myself a lovely list of assignments to get done, and I feel like that's what I've been doing all day. I did get a total of 5 chapters read in various subjects, and I got a couple of assignments finished. I suppose I'm a little over-motivated, because now I feel like doing absolutely nothing, even though I'd decided to study a little bit this evening for a make-up Biology test. Oh well. Maybe I'll at least look over the notes.

May aunt, uncle, and cousins left for Indonesia bright and early this morning. We got to see them at church yesterday and then we also went over last night to have supper with them. I almost envied them that feeling that comes right before a big trip overseas (although I don't envy them all the packing and cleaning that must come beforehand). But I suppose my turn will come in two more months when I finally get to go back for a month or two this summer. And it will be my first international trip to take all by myself! Exciting and scary. Since I've navigated international airports all my life, however, I'm hoping it won't be too bad, even if I'm not with my family this time. Most airports are quite easy to figure out if you know them...but I digress. So yes, aunt, uncle, and cousins left this morning and are off and on their way.

Not too much else to say. My, today seems to have just dragged by. Well, not really, but it has seemed long, since I spent most of it bent over textbooks (which my grandmother would tell me is not good for my posture). I did hear from Lance, and he is coming to visit for a few hours tomorrow. We may go see a movie and hang out. I'm excited to see him, since I've hardly seen him this last week because I was cooped up in my room, again due to flu. (That rhymes. Yes, I know I need a life) So it'll be fun to hang out, and it will give me an excuse not to study all day. I also get a haircut tomorrow morning, which I'm sure will be just plumb exciting as well.

Well, I suppose that's it for now. Hope all of you have a fantastic day! I'll close with something my grandparent's pastor quoted on Sunday:

There are two important days in every person's life: the day they are born, and the day they discover why they were born. -Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home