Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Trivial Pursuit

Today's simply been a nice day. We had a good worship service at my grandparents church, a nice lunch together with my cousins, and then a nice afternoon at home. Crystal and I had a good time to talk this afternoon, too; and we got to watch a Shirley Temple movie tonight! I love Shirley Temple movies--they're so cute!

Today in the sermon at church, my grandparents' pastor was talking about something God's been teaching me a lot about lately: how are we living our lives? Are we living it for the small, meaningless things? Or are we truly branching out and living bold, loving, and sacrificing lives? Are we truly making God our first, most important, and most urgent priority? I'm so tired of living a life of complacency. I saunter towards God when I should run my heart out after him. I casually read his word when I should be soaking it up, studying it, and memorizing it. I occasionally throw up prayers to Heaven when I should be praying constantly, fervently, and with passion. I say I'm a Christian when I really should live like a Lover of God, a Follower of Christ. I want to know my God like he intended me to; I want to live the life he's always dreamed for me. I want my life to count. I want to live for the best God has for me--and I don't want to be satisfied with less than that.

In short, I'm tired of trivial pursuit. I'm ready to pursue God.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home