Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Three-Day Weekend (equals FUN!)

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since I've been on. As the title of this post will let you know, we just got done having a three-day weekend due to having Monday off because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Yay for days off from school! Seriously, it was so nice. In some ways, it was bad because we just got back to school, then we have a three-day weekend, and it just puts you back into vacation mode. But fortunately we survived and are back into school (somewhat reluctantly, somewhat gladly). So I'm here to give you a brief update of the exciting weekend:

Friday--in the afternoon after classes, a few of us did some homework in the library for a while (aren't we studious?!). Then we (Christina, Kirstin, Lance, and I) all went to eat at one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants here, Dos Amigos. It's great food for great prices. Then the four of us went to play tennis, even though it was freezing; and it ended up being a lot of fun. I'm sure anyone who was any good at tennis would've laughed extremely hard to see us all trying to play, but hey, we had a blast. We played for a good while that night before going to bed.

Saturday--slept late! The girls and I (Christina, Kirstin, Melissa, and Ashley) met for brunch, ate, and talked for a while. Then we all went off to get some homework done (again, so studious!) since we were going to see a movie that afternoon. What movie, you may ask? Well, it's one my sister has been recommending to me forever: The Phantom of the Opera. Ashley couldn't come because she had to work, and Rachel wasn't in town, but Christina, Kirstin, Lance, Melissa, and I were all going to go. Melissa invited Jared, a friend of ours, to go as well. The movie ended up being quite good! It was definitely a musical, but the music was pretty fantastic. Lance especially enjoyed it (being our music major), and all the rest of us loved it, too. So, Lins, great recommendation! After the movie, we all went to eat, and then Jared and Melissa went off to hang out, and the rest of us went to Wal-Mart to buy (dun-da-dun!) racquetball racquets. Lance and Christina both have one, and they both love it, so Kirstin and I decided we'd get a racquet so we all could play. It ended up being a lot of fun! I discovered I really enjoy racqetball (except for when Lance nailed me with the ball right in my side--I have a welt to prove it).

Sunday--we all went to church that morning, then Lance, Kirstin, and I left right after church to drive to Ft. Worth. Nick met Kirstin at Lance's house and took her back to her home, while Lance and I stayed a little bit at his house before going to visit some friends of ours ("Uncle" Matt, "Aunt" Miriam, Jake, and Morgan) at their farm. They've just finished building a dormitory there (although it's like a really nice, big house) for a non-profit organization they've created. So anyways, it was our first time to see it all built, and it was really great to get to visit with them. The kids were thrilled to have Lance there, mainly because he'd play X-box with them (I read during most of those parts). It was fun to visit, and there were several people there besides the main family. That night we got to go outside and look at the stars; it's the perfect place to do it because it's out in the country with no lights nearby. Aunt Miriam's dad was there, and he was an expert on all the stars, so he lent us some binoculars that let us see the stars so well. He pointed out a comet that was going by (!) and another galaxy we could see, as well as several neat star clusters. Lance and I stayed outside peering up at the stars through those binoculars as long as we could before the cold finally drove us back inside (I was losing feeling in my hands!). Then we watched a movie with the kids that night and finally got to bed (somewhat late).

Monday--woke up at 9:30. We ate breakfast and watched Monsters, Inc. (I forget why we decided to turn that on), and then Jake and Morgan took us out to see the goats (they had new baby goats!). Then the kids and Lance went to play X-box again. I read some and got to wander around the farm a bit. I went with Aunt Miriam and some friends of hers to feed the donkeys, which was fun, and I played with their new puppy. Oooh, I forgot to mention the puppy!! She seriously is the cutest thing in the whole world! At 6-7 weeks, she definitely likes to bite on anything that gets near her, but she's adorable as she bounds around, trying to tackle the goats and cats alike. Her name is Osa, which is Spanish for "bear" (just for those of you who don't know--I'm not trying to insult your intelligence). She definitely looks like a little fuzzy bear--she looks comparable to the Ewoks in Star Wars! She was a definite highlight of the visit. After a while, Lance and I left around 2:30 to drive back to Ft. Worth; after we got back, we went out to eat with two friends of ours, Cassie and Bryan. I know Cassie from school, and Lance knew Bryan from church. Well...both of them are extremely into anime (Japanese cartoon animation), and the more we thought about it, the more we thought these two should meet. Were we ever right!! Those two hit it off like crazy. At supper, Lance and I sat there quietly about 80-90% of the time (no hyperbole) as the other two talked on and on. We went back to Cassie's house to watch some anime, and Kirstin met us there that night to ride back with us. Well it took us forever to leave, just because Cassie and Bryan kept talking and talking! Bryan even asked for her phone number before he left. Anyways, our match-making venture was quite a success; the two of them definitely really liked the other! Even if they just end up as friends, it should be a neat relationship; Lance and I were so proud of ourselves! So we finally got off that night after all of that. Kirstin went to sleep part of the way there, and Lance and I talked while he drove back. We got in pretty late and thus went straight to bed.

Tuesday--pretty normal day. Went to classes, did homework. Ah, but early in the evening, Lance and I played tennis again, and then met Christin and Kirstin to play racqetball. Let's just say that we ended up playing for three hours!! It was SO much fun! I'm finally getting the hang of it. We definitely got a great work out, which was awesome.

Wednesday (today)--again, pretty normal day. Classes, homework. Speaking of homework, I'm about to go get on some more of that. Sorry it's been a while since I really got to post much! Hope this has caught you all up (I know my life is terribly thrilling). I will probably put up a couple of pictures from our trip to the farm soon, so look out for those. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful week! God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home