Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Half-way through Spring break

And the week keeps rolling on by...
I've decided that I don't like having work to do over Spring break. My mom says (and she's mostly right) that I picked the best time I could to get the flu, because I have Spring break to recover and to make up my work. I guess she's right, but I think the better advice is not to get sick at all. :-)

I did have a lovely break from homework yesterday when Lance got to come visit. He came over at 2:00, and we got to go see a movie. We went to see the new Disney movie, The Pacifier. It was actually pretty cute! So that was fun, and then we came back to my grandparents' house to hang out for a while. We ate at Schlotzsky's for supper, and then also had some soup my grandmother made that evening. Lance left a little before 7:00 to head back to Ft. Worth, where he was going to get stuff together to go visit his sister and brother-in-law in Hillsboro. I think he and his brother-in-law, Phil, were going to play golf today. Anyways, it was fun to get to be with Lance, and it was a nice break from work.

Today was a rather productive day, in several aspects. My granddad was in a meeting most of the day, so I suppose it was productive for him, too. My grandmom and I went to get my passport renewed so I can go to Malaysia in May. We went by the post office to pick up an application, but we got there right when the passport office was closing for lunch. So I filled out the forms, and we went to get Subway for lunch (I love Subway!!). We went by a CVS pharmacy to get passport pictures done, since we found out they'd be like $15 dollars at the post office. Well, the lady who waited on us was really nice, and because I just needed two pictures for my application, she worked it out to where we got the pictures for free, which was really neat. So then we went back to the post office, went in to see the "passport guy" (I'm not sure what his official title would be), and got everything signed and put together and mailed. And actually, the lady at the desk who mailed it for us was from Singapore! She asked where I was going, and when I told her Malaysia, she asked where in Malaysia. Turns out she's actually been to the city I live in! So we asked where she was from, and she said Singapore; then we got into a discussion about which city has better food. It was pretty neat. Makes me miss Asia...

Well, then Grandmom and I drove a good ways to The Vitamin Shop (or something like that) to get something for my granddad, and then we came back to the house. I did some studying for my biology test before we went to prayer meeting at church. It was really spiffy, because we ran into this couple that I had met on a prayer walk to Indonesia. She's an American woman, and he's Indonesian. They are a really neat couple and have been in the US for about five months; they leave towards the end of this month to go back. Anyways, it was neat to see them unexpectedly since I hadn't seen them since last summer. The prayer meeting went well, and then we came back to the house where I proceeded to study/outline one more chapter for Biology.

So I am FINALLY done with that for tonight, and I can head to bed. Yay! I love sleep...yay for sleep...

May the Lord teach us all to walk as he did, in love, obedience, compassion, forgiveness, and sacrifice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home