Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Productive, in a busy sort of way

Today's definitely been a little busier than the last two. As I mentioned earlier, most of yesterday was spent at a museum looking at the China exhibit; we rested that afternoon and then went to church at 5:00. Today, however, I've been all over. Well, not entirely. Grandmother and I didn't leave the house till a little before 1:00, although I was up at 9:30 (a little earlier than my sleeping-in days). We ran lots of errands, picking up some things my parents wanted, running by Family Christian Bookstore, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, Sears, and so forth. Once we got home, Grandmother and I were just beat, so we both said we would take a nap...well, neither of us did. I spent time fiddling on the computer trying to find a new look for my blog that I liked (and am still not sure I've found...); Grandmom did her own thing. Granddad had been working in the yard for part of the day, so he was tired, too. Once I finally pulled myself off the computer, I started reading a new book (I love new books!). I had just finished Ted Dekker's book Obsessed yesterday (excellent) and started Frank Peretti's new book Monster--these are two of my favorite authors. (And a thank you to Aunt Eloise, because she bought me the Peretti book as an early birthday present!) It's been so nice to have time to read now that school's out, and I'm taking advantage of that. Anyways, so I've been reading some. We ate supper (my Grandmom makes great soups) and then I went ahead and packed my trunk I'm taking to Malaysia. I have another bag I'll need to take, but I'd say 80% of what's going with me is now packed. (That may be a high or low estimate...I'm never good with estimates. So in other words, I've packed...I don't know what I've packed! But it's close to 80%. Anyways, I'm rambling!)

Now I think I shall read some more and then head to bed (if I don't start fiddling with the layout of my blog again...). Tomorrow morning I have my doctor's appointment in Ft. Worth, and then Lance will pick me up after the appointment for us to spend a day or so together before I leave. I know I'll be sad when I say goodbye to him...but I am also very happy to get to see my family. Most events in life come with mixed emotions, I've decided.

So, those are the events of my life at the moment! Hope you are all doing well. Have a great week! As Dekker wrote of in his book I read, may we all realize God's incredible obsession and passion for mankind...and may we find the holiest, most righteous, and most incredible obsession we could have: the obsession of knowing Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home