Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Catching up on the weekend

Hey! I finally have a bit of time to write a little more than just a few sentences. I'm in Dallas right now with my grandparents, and it is so good to be here. Seriously, I walked in to their house, and it just felt so nice and relaxing to be in this house and with them...I love my grandparents!

Well, to catch up on life...the last several days have been spent packing and moving. As you may have been able to tell, packing is super stressful for me and one of my least favorite activities. It took me a few days, but it got done (I have way too much stuff...). Lance was a major blessing in all of this time; since my family wasn't here to help and most of my friends were gone, he was my sole source of help. He actually came in and helped me organize--I was completely overwhelmed, and he just walks in and says, "Ok, here are two piles: one for stuff to store, the other's going with you." Then he just starts going through my piles saying, "Where do you want this? What about this?" Having him there helped so much. And then of course he helped me carry everything out to the car and move everything to storage...so he was my God-send during all of that.

Friday night (May 6th) we did have a nice date to celebrate the two years since we had started dating. We had a nice dinner and then saw a movie later that night. So that was a nice break in the midst of everything. We finished moving everything on Saturday and then checked out early. We'd planned to stay through Sunday, but decided to go ahead and drive back to Ft. Worth that evening. We surprised his family and also got a pleasant surprise to see that Lisa and Addi were in for the weekend. Addi's about two 1/2 weeks old now, almost 3 weeks, and she's adorable!! (I don't know how many times I will be saying that) I got to hold her for a long time that night while she slept and while Lisa was out shopping. We also got to be there for Addi's baby dedication in church the next morning, on Mother's Day. It was precious! We spent some time with them after church and then went back to Ft. Worth.

This morning, Lance's mom took me by the airport to change my tickets for my flight to Malaysia, and then she dropped me off by my grandparents' because she was heading into Dallas herself. It's been really nice to be here with Grandmom and Granddad; it's so good to be with them--they're always so great to talk with. So I'm here for the next week and will finish packing, running errands, and other things. I have a doctor's appointment in Ft. Worth on Friday, so that'll be when I get to see Lance for the last time before I leave for Malaysia. Lance is actually back near the college we go to so he can continue working as the music intern there; he'll just come up Friday to say goodbye to me.

I talked with my mom and dad tonight--I can't believe I'll be seeing them soon! Also, although it's a little late, I wanted to publicly wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day! She's a great mother, and the Lord has blessed me richly through her. I could not begin to tell you everything she's done for me and all that she's gone through with me. She has been my strength and encouragement during many rough times in my life--thanks Mom! I love you, and I'm blessed by God to be your daughter.

Well, I am headed to bed now to get some good rest. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day--I hope you told your moms how much you love them! My love and prayers for all of you. May God bless in a very special way this week and meet all your needs.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kate! How fun to be at your grandparents house. I used to LOVE going to my grandma's...nothing like it! How long will you be in Malaysia? Will it be hard to be away from Lance? What a precious story you have. Have a safe trip!!!

    Elizabeth

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Katie,
    I'm glad that you got everthing packed up and get to be at your grandparents! When do you leave for Malaysia?
    I just got back in Abilene yesterday. Kiristin and I are right across the hall from each other in the dorm. I had lunch with Christina at Taco Bell today.
    I think my class is going to be pretty easy. Have a great afternoon.
    Melissa

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for commenting again (I'm assuming you are the same 'Eliz' who left a comment earlier). To answer your questions, I'll be in Malaysia for probably a little less than three months. I'm not sure what date I'm coming back on yet, but it should be around late July. And yes, it will definitely be hard to be away from Lance. :-) We have had some experience being apart, though, since a lot of our relationship has been long-distance. Last summer, I was actually in Malaysia for four months! So that was hard. But we have ways of keeping up online and even by phone.
    Thanks for reading my blog and for your comments! God bless. -Katy

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Hey Melissa! I was so excited to get a comment from you; thanks for checking up on me through my blog! I'm so jealous to hear about all of ya'll getting together back at school...I will definitely miss you guys this summer! Hope Mayterm goes well and that you have a great summer after that. Keep in touch!
    Love ya, Katy
    PS--I leave for Malaysia on Monday, 6 AM!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home