Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Finally: Finals!

Woo-hoo! I have three finals between me and the end of this semester. It's a great feeling! Well, I do have that huge Critical Thinking paper...but I finished my rough draft of that today, too!! I still have to edit and tweak it, but for the most part, that paper is done. What a great feeling! Isn't God faithful?

This weekend has focused a good deal on that paper. I spent hours researching on Thursday, re-researching on Friday, outlining Saturday, and writing today. I've studied a little for my actual tests in the meantime, but not as much as I would've liked. Fortunately, I have all day tomorrow with no finals, so I can spend all day studying. Which I know I won't--I don't think I could stand 12 hours over the books--but I'm sure I could get in a good 6, 7, 8 hours if I needed to. Let's see, what else have I done this weekend? Friday night...oh, wait, I already talked about Friday night. Well, let's move on to Saturday. I slept late on Saturday and then hit the library at 1:30. That's when I did all my outlining for the paper--it took a while to figure out how I wanted to structure what I wanted to say, and then how to support it. I did a little bit of other studying, too, and finally got back to my room at 4:30. Later that night we went out to eat with a whole bunch of people, sort of as a goodbye party for Ira, since this is her last semester. Our group included: Christina, Kirstin, Nick, Lance, Rachel, Daniel, Megan M., a sweet girl named Kristen that I met, Ira, and me. I wasn't feeling too well, so Lance and I just went back to the dorm after that to sit around and talk a little. Oh, and he also drove me by Sonic to get a grape slush! :-)

Today at church was good. We had a lot of people in Sunday school today, which was really great. After the service, we caught something to eat (ok, we didn't literally catch it--we ordered it), and then I went to my room around 1:30. I started writing my Critical Thinking paper and then got on such a roll that I decided not to stop until I finished it. I finally got the last bit of it written around 4:45. Then I had a wonderful surprise: my mom called! It was so good to get to talk with her. I told her the wonderful news about finishing my paper, and then we talked some about my plans for this summer. I will most likely stay in Malaysia until late July, and I'm really excited about it. It will be so good to see my family!! Then my mom and I discussed things about storing my stuff over the summer--it turns out that Amber, a really sweet girl from church, said I could put my things in her room over the summer since she will be gone on a missions trip. That is such a God-send, because it saves me the cost and time of finding a place to store everything in my dorm room. Isn't God good?!

Then Lance, Kirstin, Christina, and I all went to church for our last Sunday night supper of the semester (*sniff*). It was kind of sad, because it was the last time for one of our friends, Melissa, to be there; she graduates in December, so she won't be in the University group anymore. Amber took pictures tonight of us, so I'm trying to upload them (if my program works!) so maybe you can see some of those on here shortly.

After supper, Lance and I played tennis (great stress reliever during finals!) and then drove around some talking about things. Then we headed back to our rooms, and then I had a dorm meeting at 10:30. I just got back from that, and I will soon be heading to bed. Yay! I can sleep as late as I want tomorrow since I have no finals, but I do want to be up in time to spend a good part of the day studying. I hope all of you are having a wonderful week! May God bless each of you in a special way this week with his goodness and faithfulness--and may we be faithful to him in return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home