Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Research and double dates

So, yeah, after researching the entirely wrong Gulf War (which I claim is due to my teacher's lack of historical understanding as well as his failure to specify which Second Gulf War he was asking for), I finally got the right one and started researching that. Well, I waded through news articles online (2,000 of them, though I didn't look at them all) for 3-4 hours and finally saved about 40 of them to use. By the time I had finished with all that, I had actually hoped to be done with the whole paper, but I wasn't. At this point, I was completely brain dead and sick of the whole thing--besides the fact that it was soon time to meet Rachel and Daniel for supper--so I quit and headed out to the lobby to meet Lance. He let me vent on the frustrations of research and why there had to be any wars in the first place, and then we drove over to meet Rachel and Daniel (they're the ones getting married in July). We ate supper together and discussed the financial aspects of Lance living in their apartment for May-June, and then we went to get ice cream and hang out. That was fun. Then we returned to the lobby and found Kirstin and Nick (Nick had driven in for the weekend). They were planning to go see a movie, Robots, so they invited Lance and me, and we went. It was a really cute movie. It was kind of fun, having two double dates in one evening.

So now I'm back in my dorm room, getting ready for bed. I enjoyed the double dates, but not the research part, of today. And I still don't know why there have to be two "Second" Gulf Wars. Honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home