Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Winding down

Yay! I just figured out that I only have 5 more class periods left this week before finals. And one of those is just a show-up kind of deal, and another is to actually take our final. So then I only have three finals next week--I can't believe it's almost over! It'll be my first time since my junior year of high school to complete a full year of school, uninterrupted by some kind of trauma. Fun, fun! I'm excited.

Today was an ok day. I got a little stressed out about that paper/presentation due in lab, but it all got done fine. Then my day was over after that, and I did a little bit of homework this afternoon. Lance took me out for supper at the Olive Garden for a spontaneous date, and then we played tennis.

Also wanted to mention a prayer request. My aunt, uncle, and cousins went to Indonesia a while back, and my cousin Kaleb broke his arm. They thought it had set ok, but have recently found out it hasn't. They write:
When we took Kaleb to the doctor to get his arm x-rayed and cast changed, the xray showed that his bone is not healing properly. Consultation with the doctor here and a USA doctor shows that surgery is necessary as soon as possible. Since the break was 4 weeks ago, they will have to rebreak the bone(s) and this second operation will be riskier and there could be nerve and muscle damage. The doctor said if this operation has any problems, that it would be a serious problem. They urged us to get it done as soon as possible.

We looked at our options and could not get our tickets to the USA changed for another two weeks and feel like the Lord closed that door and opened the door to a highly recommended doctor in Singapore. We are going to Singapore today and have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning. Pray that we can get scheduled for surgery as soon as possible.


Anyways, please pray for them. I know they'll really appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home