Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

One concert down...five to go

Hi! To make up for my lack of posting, I'm actually going to post my second note in one day. Actually, I just thought I'd do another update before we leave tomorrow morning (at 8:30, in concert attire!). My afternoon ended up a little differently than planned. Number one, I didn't end up needing to babysit, which worked out well because I ended up going with Lance to the doctor. His lymphnode gland (I guess that's the name) has been swollen the last couple of days, and it's getting to where he has difficulty swallowing and stuff like that. It hurts to sing, too, which is bad because of the choir tour we're about to go on. So it was really hurting him after choir class, so he and I went to a walk-in clinic here. We ended up being there for almost two hours, during which time I ran by the church to tell our music minister that Lance was at the doctor's and would be late coming to work. When I got back, Lance still hadn't gone in (they were checking something about his insurance). Finally, we did get in to see someone, and they prescribed a medicine which should help Lance. His gland was pretty swollen, the doctor said, and his throat was slightly irritated. Hopefully the medicine will help.

After that fun episode, Lance dropped me off at my dorm, and he went on to work. I went inside to do my own work--school-work--and I managed to get my rough draft of my Critical Thinking paper done with. That was a big load off my chest, since it's due Monday and I won't have much time to work on it before then. Now I can just proof it Monday before class, and I'll be good to go. So once I finished that, I went to eat. Then I took a shower and got ready for our choir concert. It went so well, praise the Lord! We're doing a lot of difficult, acapella pieces, so sometimes we tend to go flat. Thankfully our concert tonight went well.

We leave tomorrow morning at 8:30, as I mentioned, so pray that we have a good trip! God bless.

"Dah dah dah." - from Lance. (Lance says hi)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home