Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

My dad's here!

Hi everyone! Guess what? My dad got in yesterday! I was so excited to see him. He made it in time to come for our choir rehearsal, so he got to hear us all sing. Then we went out to eat at Arby's, and after that we got to see the movie Hitch! I was really excited about that because I've been trying to see that movie forever. It was actually really cute; funny, but sweet, too.

My dad dropped me back off at school and said to round up some friends to take out to eat. So I ended up getting Melissa, Christina, Kirstin, and Nick (who's in town to see Kirstin) to go with us, and my took us all out to Texas Roadhouse! It was so much fun, and he paid for all my friends, which I thought was so sweet of him. I think they all liked him, and vice versa. I was really excited for him to get to know them.

Lance wasn't able to come because he was still feeling sick. For a while, we thought I might have to take him to the ER to see a doctor. But his doctor and nurses in Ft. Worth were keeping tabs on him, and as he started to get a little beter, they said he didn't have to go to the hospital. They did send him in a prescription to Walgreens, just in case. So after we all came back from eating (Dad went back to his hotel), I ran to Walgreens for Lance to get his medicine. Well, they were out of stock there, so they sent me to another Walgreens on the other side of town, and then there was some insurance problem. After all that, it took me about an hour overall to get everything for Lance. When I came back to knock at his window, he was literally starting to head out the door to try to figure out what had happened to me. (He was worried about me, isn't that sweet!) So all that got taken care of, and then he brought his X-box over to our dorm, and we got to play Topspin with Christina. She had just come back from an interview for a leadership scholarship here, so I decided it'd be a good way for her to de-stress after that. I'm sure she did a great job in the interview!

Anyways, so that was my evening, and then I finally got to bed. I slept late this morning, and now I'm about to shower and then go run some errands with my dad. I also have some homework to get done, so hopefully I'll have time for that, too. Hope all of you are enjoying your weekends! And if you talk to your dad today, tell him you love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home