Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The earthly and the divine

Thought I'd drop in a little note since I haven't posted much lately. Life's been busy: I had two tests today and tomorrow I have a group psychology paper and presentation due. Thus, I was in the library tonight from 8:45-10:30 working on that. But things have been going well over all. My dad is actually going to be here on Friday! I'm really excited. I will have a lot of work to do over the weekend he's here, unfortunately, but I think we'll still have some good time together.

As a brief update on last weekend, I had a great time spending Easter with Lance's family. They have a lot of neat family traditions, and it was fun to be there and be with them all. We watched The Passion of the Christ on Saturday night, and that was very moving, even though I'd already seen it--I think I cried more this time! It was very emotional, and I think every now and then we need to be reminded of the extreme pain and emotion that is behind the cross. Anyways, we decided to drive back on Sunday morning to be back in time for church; I thought Lance wanted to get back so he could talk to the music minister about his position as music intern, but on the ride home he just kind of shrugged it off like it wasn't that important. So I was like, "Did you just really want to be back for the service?" And he said yeah. So I thought it was a little weird that Lance wanted to wake up early just to get back for the church service, but hey, I thought it was cool that he enjoyed First Baptist that much. Anyways, we get there right as the service is starting, and on our way in, Lance turns to me and says, "By the way, did I tell you I was planning on joining the church today?" I'm sure my jaw must have dropped! He'd planned the whole thing as a surprise. Well, I was surprised! And I was so excited. When he joined, a lot of people came up to shake his hand after the service and tell him how excited they were he'd become a part of FBC. Anyways, that was really neat, and Lance did get a chance to talk with the music minister after the service. They actually are meeting tomorrow to discuss things about the position of music intern.

Since then, I've been doing work and stuff. Monday was when I found out about the earthquake in Indonesia, so there were some emotional parts to that day. Monday night, Lance, Christina, and I all played Topspin (tennis game) on X-box, and that was fun. Christina and I finally beat Lance and his computer player on doubles! It was very exciting. Yesterday went well, too; I studied for my tests and finished writing my psych paper. Today's seemed long, but two tests are over with and my presentation tomorrow will soon be over with, too. Hooray!

As I was singing in choir today, I was suddenly overwhelmed with how good God is. I've been struggling with a couple of things on my heart lately, and last night I just really had to give them to the Lord. Well, today in choir, he reminded me so powerfully of how he had good plans for me, and how much he loved me. He would move heaven and earth for me! It just made me realize how wrapped up I get in life's details: school, tests, stress, relationships, and past hurts. They all pale compared to Christ! And when we take them to him and put them under his Lordship...suddenly they seem so much easier to bear. I realize they aren't as bad as I thought compared with how I know God will help me deal with them. He is the great Healer. And I am so grateful for the privilege of being his daughter. We, as human beings, are caught between two worlds: the earthly and the divine. Let us learn to dwell in both, with the divine always determining the earthly.

Have a divine week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home