Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Huge earthquake again hits Indonesia

Dear friends, please be praying for the people of Indonesia and the surrounding areas. As you may or may not know, another earthquake--an 8.7--occurred along the same fault line that the earthquake of December 26th occurred on. So far, we do not know of any large tsunamis that it caused, although it certainly could have, but it has left death, destruction, and fear in its wake. I cannot imagine how terrifying it must be to experience another huge earthquake like this after the horrible destruction the last one left behind only recently. My mom and sister (my dad is currently in the US) are safe, although the earthquake did shake the house a little. Our neighborhood was evacuated by the police in case of tsunamis, although my mom chose to stay behind and carefully moniter the situation. I am so grateful they are safe, but many others are not. I cannot imagine the pain and fear many are experiencing right now. Please lift up your prayers for them. There is an excellent article with more information on the situation on CNN.com, so please click on the link below to read it. Thank you for your prayers for an area of the world so very dear to my heart.

CNN Article: Indonesian Quake Kills Hundreds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home