Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Life, as it is

Today's been a rather good day, overall. Involved a lot of studying, but that's life. Classes went pretty normally today; in choir, we ran through the whole Via Crucis by Franz Liszt. We're supposed to be performing next Tuesday--it's coming up fast! It really is a powerful piece. English was very stimulating; it's fascinating to look so in-depth at these short stories. Seriously, there's some deep stuff in there. I had my late lunch and then studied before my Critical Thinking class. We had a quiz, which was fine, and I really liked what we learned today. It has to do with diagramming arguments, and I love it because it's logical, methodical, and totally makes sense to me.

At supper I got to sit and talk with all my friends. Afterwards, Christina, Kirstin, Lance, and I went by Java City to get something to drink to boost our energy levels. All four of us have major tests tomorrow: Kirstin and I have Life Span Development, Christina has Multicultural Education (I think?), and Lance has his History test. So then we all came back and Lance went off to his dorm to study and us girls went off to our dorm to study...except we proceeded to sit in the lobby for at least 45 minutes and talk! It was actually really nice; the three of us haven't had a lot of opportunities just to sit down and chat lately. So I really enjoyed that. Kirstin and Christina are such great friends! (If you don't know them, you really should meet them) Anyways, then I went off to study for psychology, which I have been doing since then. Over three hours worth of studying. The test should not be too bad...I hope...

Couple of pieces of information: first, a prayer request. I usually babysit for a family tomorrow afternoon, but the dad called me tonight to say they wouldn't be needing me. Apparently, the Monday of Spring break, his wife had appendicitis, and they had to do surgery. While they were performing surgery, the doctor cut a major artery and she began bleeding profusely. Anyways, it was a pretty serious thing, and she was in ICU for three days. She has just come home from the hospital recently, and his parents are there staying with them. So they won't need me to babysit. Just thought I'd mention it, one: as a praise that the Lord protected her and kept her alive, and two: as a prayer request that God would continue to protect and heal her.

Secondly, some news about some opportunities that have opened up for Lance. Our choir director, who's also head of the Church Music department here (which Lance is majoring in) has come to Lance with two job opportunities he wanted to know if Lance would like to apply for. One is actually as a music leader for a small, growing church about 1/2 an hour from here; the other is as a music intern at First Baptist, where I go (he just found out about this opening today). These are both awesome opportunities for Lance, to give him experience. I know he's really excited about the possibilities, and I'm very excited with him as well. Just thought I'd mention it and ask for your prayers as God continues to lead Lance and open the right doors.

Well, I'm off to bed so I can get some sleep and let all that wonderful psychology information seep into my memory. So much studying...but, I guess, that's life, as it is. I pray that God will protect each of you and continue to lead each of you in your own lives. He truly is worthy of all our adoration and praise--a God who gave up his Son for our salvation, and a God who is intimately involved in every detail of our lives. He is so faithful. What a privelage it is to pray that he would be glorified in our lives--that we could actually glorify such a Being! May it be so. My love to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home