Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Joy

This won't be a very long post, but I did want to stop in (this is what happens when you post late at night). Well, today's been an ok day...alright, actually, it's been one of those blah days. You ever have those? Where you're just tired and everything seems like too much to handle? Well, I had one of those days today. I have a lot of work coming up that I need to get a head start on--school projects, papers, etc--but they're not due for a couple of weeks, so my motivation is somewhat lacking. But then I get stressed out when I feel like I'm not accomplishing the stuff I should be accomplishing. I think I'm just a little burnt out on school...I can't wait for the three day weekend we have coming up. Yay for Easter!

I did play racquetball tonight, which was fun and got my endorphins going. I actually beat Lance in a game! Not that it wasn't pretty close. So that was fun. Lance is especially good about trying to cheer me up--usually, he succeeds. Christina always finds a way to cheer me up, too. Thank God for good friends!

With my rather blah day, I suppose the title "Joy" might seem a little off. But I was thinking about it, and I think that having joy can often be a choice. Yeah, my day may have been bad, I may have a lot of stress on me, a lot of little things may have gotten to me...but when it comes down to it, how much do those things matter in comparison to the more important things in life? Like the fact that I have an incredible family who loves me, a group of friends who always lift me up. I have a Savior who moved heaven and earth so I could be in relationship with him; I have a Father God who loves me more than my wildest dreams. I have a Creator who daily proves his goodness and faithfulness, even when I am not always so good or faithful in return. I have a Hope. When I realize that I am loved by God, family, and friends, what more could I ask for? Yes, life is hard, sometimes stressful. Yes, it might get me down from time to time. But you know what? I have cause for joy, the greatest joy a human could hope for: fellowship with the Father. When I think of that, how can I not rejoice?

May God fill your own life with joy this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home