Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

I absolutely LOVE Malaysian food

Seriously, people, you have not eaten right until you've had the kind of food that exists in Malaysia. Seriously. My favorite are probably the Indian dishes that are available here...so good-lah! I say that because yesterday was pretty much a normal day at home--reading, writing a few e-mails, doing things around the house--but then at night, Mom, Lins, and I went to this wonderful Indian food place called Subaidah's. That just made the day perfect!

Today's been a little more active; Mom, Lins, and I all went to get our hair cut, which was exciting, I'm sure. Mom and I went to the church for a worship team meeting and for worship team practice. The team meeting was for all members of the worship team, and it was mostly for bonding, inspiration, and growth for the team as a whole. Our four main worship leaders talked about what it meant to really lead in worship and how one prepares for that; they mentioned some awesome things. And then we had practice for the worship service tomorrow. Originally, my mom and I weren't supposed to sing this week, but one of the girls cancelled, so our worship leader asked us to "pinch hit" so to speak (or would that be "pinch sing?"). Anyways, we're singing a new song I simply LOVE; I can hardly sing it standing still! I just keep wanting to bounce or jump to the beat.

Afterwards, my mom was going to a wedding reception for the son of one of the guards who works at my sister's school (random connection, huh?). Dad wasn't able to go, and Lindsay went out with friends, so I decided I'd go with Mom--otherwise, she wouldn't have really had anyone to talk with. So we got all dressed up pretty, and we took pictures which should be put up above this post shortly. Well, we went, saw the bride and groom, saw the groom's father who'd invited us, gave congratulations, gave our gifts, and then tried to find a place to sit at the allotted tables for people from the school...and no place was available. So rather than embarass the host by making a scene about having no place to sit, we left. It worked out well, because really Mom had mostly wanted the guard to know that we cared enough to come and were honored that he'd asked; and he wouldn't really have seen us later on. So instead of sitting through a long reception, we got to leave having still accomplished all we came for.

So then Mom and I went back to the house, changed clothes, and walked to the area of food stalls (called "Hillside"). We had a lovely chat and, of course, some great food. I am loving this food!! I had an iced lime juice, iced coffee, wan tan mee, and garlic nan (those of you who know what I'm talking about now that it was a GOOD meal). And then I came home, happy, full, and content. Lovely day, wouldn't you say?

May God bless each of you tomorrow in church as we worship him. He truly is amazing, and worthy of so much more worship than we could ever give. And in the days to come, as a friend of mine wrote, "may you bless and be blessed."

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Cool.. so you're a part of the worship team.. :D

    I sing in the current church I go to. Although not for long since I'm moving back to my hometown...

    Funny thing is, I usually just get lost in worship and most of the time people think I'm nuts or something.. Hahaha.. Hope I didn't freak them out tho.

    But as the song "Undignified" goes, I declare:

    "I will dance I will sing to be mad for my king
    nothing lord is hindering this passion in my soul

    and Ill become even more undignified than this,
    some may say its foolishness but,
    Ill become even more undignified than this
    Leave my pride by my side"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home