Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Busy days...

Wow, I had totally meant to update sooner than this. Seriously, the week just flies by, and I'm never sure where it went. Hmm...let's see, I last posted on Monday...what happened on Tuesday? I can't totally remember. OH!! Wait! I've got it now! And this is pretty cool news, too. (Dun-da-dun, drum roll, please) I actually got hired on Tuesday. Yes, I have a job! That may not be a big deal for some of you, but this is about the first real job I've had. What is it, you may ask? Well, I'm working for the history center at the library, and basically I'm transcribing old interviews they have on video. It's a lot of fun! The best part of it is that I get to do it on my own schedule, on my own laptop. So I have the tape, and I can just put it in whenever (between classes, afternoon, evening), continue typing up the interview, and I can finish whenever I need to. Pretty sweet, huh? It's fun, and I'm excited! And guess who I have to thank for such an awesome job? Christina!! Yay for Christina! She's such a sweetheart. That girl makes any day bright. She works at the history center at the library, so she was the one who let me know about the position, which was very cool. Hmm...anything else on Tuesday? I don't really think so...Christina, Lance, and I hung out some at Java City that night, talking...I think that was about it.

Wednesday...hmmm. Don't remember anything out of the ordinary happening on Wednesday. I had classes...oh, I did have my first test, which was in my Critical Thinking class. I think it went ok. I was kinda tired that day. Thursday was a pretty busy day. I had class from 8:00-1:00, and then I took a couple of hours to start my transcribing. Oh, and actually, on Thursday, Lance got hired for a job, too: the same one as mine! Christina (of course) hooked him up, too. They still needed several transcriptionists, and Lance had had experience with that before, so he got hired as well. Pretty spiffy, huh? Then that afternoon, I went to babysit Graham and Bethany (which was a fun time, as always). Graham's really into "Cowboys and Indians," so we played that for a while (they let me be the chief). He also showed me a Lone Ranger episode that he liked. So babysitting was fun.

Lance picked me up and we went back to the school and ate supper with Christina, Kirstin, and Ira. Ah, Ira...I haven't told you about her yet, have I? She lives next to Kirstin and Christina and is a grad student here; she's from India! That's so cool to me because we lived around several Indian families in Malaysia, so she reminds me a little bit of "home." She's 28 and married, but her husband is working in Buffalo, New York, so they don't get to see each other a lot. She's really sweet, and she's getting her masters in counseling and human development (I think). She already has a masters from India in cell biology or something smart like that. Anyway, she's been hanging out with us more, and we all really like her. She's so funny, she's always saying that us "younger people" have so much more energy, and that her husband says that when she comes back from being around college students, she's going to be "hipper" than he is. :-) She's also a Hindu, and the exciting part is that Christina just invited her to come to church with us on Sunday, and she's coming! How cool is that? So please be keeping her in your prayers; as far as I know, she's never been told the full gospel.

Thursday evening, after we ate with those three wonderful girls, Lance had a concert he was going to for his recital credits he needs (because he's a music major, they have to go to a certain number of concerts and recitals). So I was going with him, and then we convinced Christina to come. After the concert, we met up with Cole, whom several of you will remember from previous mention of him on this blog. We hadn't hung out in a while so it was good to catch up.

Yesterday, Friday, was a pretty good day. I worked some that morning on my transcription before class, then I went to tennis (which was cancelled due to weather), and then choir. That afternoon, Lance and I worked on our transcribing in the library, and then I went to take a brief nap. Christina, Kirstin, Nick (who'd come in to visit), Melissa, Rachel G., Lance, and I all went out to eat. We came back and played foosball and a pool game over at the student center before watching The Emperor's New Groove back at the lobby. I love that movie!! It's so cute. Anyways, we had fun.

So that's about everything up until now, and I have to run off to meet a couple of people to go eat lunch with. I'll try to update again soon! My love to all of you, and have a fabulous weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home