Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, January 24, 2005

"Just another manic Monday"

Mondays, Mondays...
Hey friends! Don't have time to write a whole book for you, but thought I'd stop in. Just wanted you to know I had a lovely weekend...I adore weekends! They're such nice breaks in the midst of things. Last night I even got to talk with my mom, the first time in a while. My dad is back from Indonesia right now, my sister is just starting school, and Mom has just finished helping to plan a wedding in addition to continuing to help the victims from the tsunami. It has already been a full month since that occurred; hard to believe, isn't it? So needless to say, they've been busy and working almost non-stop since then. Please keep them in your prayers when you think about it, particularly for strength and endurance.

Today was definitely a Monday. I did get to sleep late in the morning, since my first class is tennis at 11:00, but I was doing some homework right before I ran out the door, and I ended up running off without my keys. So yes, first thing in the morning, I've locked myself out of my room. I go play tennis for a while, and we got out early, about 11:30 or so. I have class at noon. So I'm trying to find an RA who can open my room for me so I can get a shower and grab all my books before running off to choir. Fortunately, I found an RA who opened my door, I took a speedy shower, ran out of my room at about 11:50 with my hair still wet, and made it to choir just in time. Then I get there and realize I'd forgotten to take my medicine (which I proceeded to forget to take until, like, 3:50 today--and I'm supposed to take it in the morning). So I started off my day on a rather flustered note; when I told Kirstin about it, she said, "It's definitely a Monday for you, isn't it?" But honestly, my day got better.

After that, I went to the rest of my classes, went to eat with my friends, studied in the library with Lance, and then he and I went to play racquetball (great work out, by the way). Even though I've just started learning how to play racquetball (this was my fourth time to play), I manage to keep up with Lance pretty well--our games were very evenly matched, even though he won 2 out of 3 of them.

So yes, now I'm getting ready for bed. You know, I love getting to go to bed at night. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. It's so nice to lie down...relax...sink into your mattress and snuggle under the sheets...close your eyes...slow your breathing...

Good night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home