Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...please?

You know the part in the Bible that talks about "hope deferred?" Well, we definitely had some of that today. Ok, yesterday, the news was that it was going to snow that night and we'd have snow when we woke up. Well, it didn't. BUT there was a heavy snowfall warning this morning, because there was supposed to be 2-4 inches starting a little before noon. So we waited all morning, watching out the windows of our classes, hoping for the first glimpse of the snowfall that was to come. Yeah...it didn't. BUT, that's ok, because it was going to snow this evening--around 6:00 or so. And yes, it's now 10:22 PM and (SURPRISE!) no snow. Now there's a super slim chance that there will be a "few snow showers" at 5 AM. I'm not counting on it anymore. Seriously, I was so excited about the possibility of snow! I kept looking for it all day; that's practically all Kirstin and I talked about all through Life-Span Development and Choir: "Is is snowing yet?" And it didn't. Sigh sigh. Such is life.

Well, there is more to life than faulty weather predictions. Chapel today was very good. A pastor (29 years old) came and talked to us, and he spoke about the importance of the Word. Pretty common topic, perhaps, but he did a really great job. He said that "you cannot say you know or love God unless you know his Word." He went on to talk about how crucial being in the Word is. He has been reading the Bible through once a year for the last ten years, and he talked about how it changed his life. Anyways, I thought it was really good. It definitely challenged me. Life at college gets busy, and the free times you have are generally spent doing homework, work, or with friends. Chapel today really reminded me of how important it is to be prioritizing God's Word, so I'm thinking about starting to read through the Bible yearly as well.

Classes went fine today; I actually got to eat lunch! Usually I have classes through lunch. I did a little homework after classes, too. Anyways, then tonight I went with Lance to this concert at a really cool, old, rennovated theatre here. It was a concert of all these young musicians, 12-18, who are incredible. There was a 16 year old pianist who was beyond amazing (as well as brilliant--already accepted at Harvard, and he got a 1600 on his SAT), a 12 year old violinist, a 15 year old floutist, and a 17 year old opera singer. These teens were beyond description; their talents are far beyond most adults who have been playing for years. The whole program was very well put together, and it was recorded to be broadcasted later on a local radio channel. Lance got tickets from his piano teacher; it's part of the recitals he needs to attend to get recital credit for his major. I told him that I was definitely going to be learning a lot more about music and the arts while he was here, since I end up going with him to all these recitals. Actually, though, I really do enjoy the opportunities; the music is beautiful, and I should take opportunities to be exposed to more of those kinds of music. Anyways, that was a fun evening.

Now, I'm off to get a bit more homework done, maybe work a little on my transcription, and then get to bed. Who knows, maybe it will snow tonight, and I'll wake up to a white world?

Somehow I doubt it.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home