Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saying goodbyes

Well, time is counting down and my flight back to Malaysia is only a day or two away. Amazing. I have to tell you, at this point, I am just ready to step on that plane and go, right now! But it will be here very soon...and then, I'll be back with my family!

Yesterday, my granddad drove me to Ft. Worth for my doctor's appointment, which ended up going very well. I got enough prescriptions to last me for the summer, which is great. Then Lance picked me up from the doctor's office, and we went to get something to eat before renting a couple of movies that we watched. We had a great time together and also got to spend some good time with Lance's family. It was good to be with Lance one last time, just to have some time to talk and hang out. It was pretty sad to say goodbye to him...I have to admit I cried a little. I know the summer will go by quickly, but 2 1/2 to 3 months being apart can seem like a long time. Even so, those months will be spent with my family (whom I haven't seen in 10 months!), so I know they'll be worth it. But anyways, we said goodbye, and Lance brought me back half-way to Dallas today, where we met Granddad. I spent a good time this evening with Grandmom and Granddad; we got to eat at Cici's Pizza! Yum. I was also happy because I found birthday presents for my mom and sister today when I ran errands with Granddad!

Now I'm going to start getting ready for bed--I'm pretty wiped out. Between the last couple of weeks (finals, packing, getting ready to leave for Malaysia, saying goodbye to Lance), I'm about beat. But I can't wait for that flight on Monday morning, to get to go see my family! I can't express how good it will feel to be home. I just have some small packing to do tomorrow, and then I'll be ready! I'll post one more time tomorrow before I fly out. I hope all of you have a wonderful day of worship tomorrow. The Lord is so good and so faithful...and he's definitely worthy of every ounce of worship we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home