Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Friday, June 03, 2005

A birthday's comin' up...!

Well, I said goodbye to Ben yesterday. He and his family flew out last night, so I went with him to Coffee Bean for one final chat. It was actually the first time just the two of us had had to talk, and it ended up being a really good talk. Ben is a neat guy, and a good friend.

I went home afterwards to rest a little; my throat had been sore when I woke up that morning, so I was trying to make sure I didn't get sick. After a very long and complicated procedure (don't ask), Emily, Andy, Daniel, Zach (a guy who goes to Daniel's school), and I agreed to meet up to go see a movie, The Interpreter, that evening. Em and I went to the mall early and had time to eat and chat before the guys (who had gone caving earlier) showed up. The movie was really good--I had already seen it with Lance, but I enjoyed seeing it again. Good plot, well-developed characters...overall great movie.

Yesterday, my mom had gone to Indonesia for a one day trip. This morning, while she was gone, my dad, sister, and I made pecan pies for her. See, tomorrow is her birthday, and she had really wanted pecan pies. So we made those, and then Lins and I went to the mall again. Lins met up with a couple of her girl friends and hung out with them for a couple of hours. I, in the meantime, ate, walked around, and then got a drink at Coffee Bean to sip at while I read a book I'd brought (it was Deception Point, by Dan Brown, if you must know). Afterwards, Lins and I walked around and found presents for my mom for her birthday. We also bought some things from the grocery store, a couple of which are also surprises for my mom. (I would tell you what all those were, except my mom regularly checks my blog...so it shall have to remain a secret until after her birthday tomorrow.)

Then, this evening, we went out to eat with a family and a lady that we are good friends with. Of the family, the wife works with my parents some, and she and my mom actually share the same birthday (just ten years apart), so that's part of the reason we celebrate with them, besides the fact that they are good friends. It was lovely Chinese food by the ocean, so we had a magnificent view of the sunset.

That's about it for now. Tomorrow we will be celebrating my mom's 50th birthday...oh wow! Exciting. Hope all of you have blessed days...and may the God of peace be with you.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    Hi Christina!! Aah, I was so excited that you decided to leave me a note! Yay! Seriously, we should be better at keeping in touch or something. Remember how we e-mailed all the time last summer? Hmm, oh well. We'll work on it. Anyways, yeah, Ben's a neat guy. :-) He's going to be living in Ohio soon, I think (right now he's in Cambodia). He said he might be worried you wouldn't think he was cute, but I told him that you liked guys just his size! Except, I said, you also liked guys who were slightly bald. So he said he'd be willing to shave his head for you. :-) Ok, anyways, thanks for the congratulations in critical thinking...yeah, wow, that had to have been a miracle. And yes, my birthday is June 15th. Hope that answers all your questions! And thanks sooo much for leaving comments...it was great to hear from you! I miss you tons!!! Love ya, girl. -Katy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home