Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Fine Arts, Friends, Faith

Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful day of worship today. I know we did. I got to sing on the worship team at our church this morning with my mom, which was really neat to get to do again. The service was great...but before I go there, I'll recap on last night.

Last night, as I mentioned in picture's caption below, was Lindsay's Fine Arts Concert. The choir, concert band, vocal ensemble, and jazz band all played. Lins plays flute in the band and also sang in the vocal ensemble; she did a great job in both. It was neat to see Lindsay sing with the vocal ensemble because I was part of the founding ensemble my senior year in high school. So I was part of the very first vocal ensemble, and now my little (though taller) sister is a part of that same group almost three years later. It's neat. It was also fun to see all my other old friends who performed that night, too, such as Than and Christi (pictured below). Christi was actually one of the two girls who took my place in vocal ensemble when I had to leave in the middle of my senior year. Than sings and plays drums, and I remember when he was just starting out to help play drums for the worship team at our school...it's neat to see how far he's come, and truly, he's come a long way 'cause that boy can PLAY the drums.

Anyways, after the concert, I went out with the other members of my old class. Daniel, Ben, Emily, and I all went to the food stalls after the concert before heading over to Emily's apartment. At the food stalls, Daniel bought four movies, and we had to decide on one to watch. Then we headed to Emily's apartment while her parents went to get us pizza for supper. Andy met us there later, along with Kara. So all six of us, former members of the class of 2003, had a great time eating pizza and watching a movie. I had to leave early because I'd promised my dad I'd be home by midnight; Andy was kind enough to leave in the middle of the movie to give me a ride home on his motorcycle.

This morning, as I mentioned earlier, I got the privilege of singing with the worship team. I had done that before I left Malaysia, so it was great to be back on it. I love getting to sing with my mom and harmonizing with her. The service was wonderful; our pastor talked about faith, specifically in reference to healing, but I took more away about what he said on faith specifically. There are several things I'm having to learn faith in this summer, so it was a good message for me. I also realized afresh the implications of James 2:17: "...Faith that doesn't show itsef by good deeds is no faith at all--it is dead and useless" (NLT) or "Faith, by itself, if not accompanied by action, is dead" (NIV). There are several areas I'm having to take a step of faith in right now, and God was reminding me that if he's given me a task to do or a promise to claim, I must have faith and then act on it--taking that "step of faith."

If you give what you do not need, it isn't giving.
-Mother Teresa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home