Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Worship

It has been a wonderful Sunday. It was my first time back with my church since I left last summer, and it was so good to be there again. The people there are wonderful, and I've never enjoyed worship more than I have at my church. We sing and worship for close to half of the the entire service. It's just an amazing experience, and the worship is so free. It was wonderful to be back and worship in an atmosphere like that. I had a lot of fun seeing everyone again, including everyone in the youth group, the pastor, our worship leader, and all my other old friends. It was a great morning. We had a guest speaker who's a pastor from Michigan, and his sermon was excellent; he spoke about us being overcomers in the Lord.

After the service, we went out with a Chinese-Malaysian family that's very close to us as well as three young people from the States. Two of them are married to each other, and the other man is married to the first guy's younger sister, who stayed home with their fourteen month old daughter. Anyways, they are going to be moving out here soon to begin ministry, and it was really neat to get to talk with them. The younger man (with the wife at home) was about 25, and the other two were probably just a few years older than he. It was neat to see young couples who are fulfilling God's calling on their lives.

The rest of the evening has been pretty relaxing, mostly spending time together as a family. Oh, and my evening last night with Andy and Dan went really well. It was great to spend time with them, and I, of course, enjoyed seeing Star Wars III again. :-)

That's most of my news for now. I hope all of you had a great day of worship. God truly is so worthy of all our praise. He has done so much for me over the years, and sometimes I can only pray that my faithfulness to him could ever come close to half matching his faithfulness to me. May he teach us all to be overcomers, living fully for him, in every area of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home