Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Happy Birthday to Mom!

Today is my mom's 50th birthday--go Mom! It's been a fun, good day. I got up early to make pancakes (chocolate chip ones!), bacon, and eggs for breakfast. Then I made her a German chocolate cake, which is her favorite. We gave her presents shortly after breakfast: Lins and I gave her a new purse and a pretty necklace. We had a good day together. I am so blessed for the mom I have; she has been an incredible source of strength and encouragment through many difficult times. She has been a friend and an amazing listener for years; she has also been a great example of what it means to love and follow Christ. I am so thankful to God for her, and I especially celebrate her today on her birthday.

Tell your own moms today how much you love them.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Kate.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yes, I wrote that while pondering on the goodness of God in my life.

    It is amazing that your post actually parallels my recent one: thanking God for family!

    Personally, without my mom, i don't know where would I be in my life right now. She is a warrior in the heavenlies!

    If you dont mind, il link you up to my blog ok?

    Keep in touch.

    Blessings!

    ~James aka Jake

     

Post a Comment

<< Home